Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
So YouNited OS integration is coming after all: https://twitter.com/zwemdisco/status/517994538468904960

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
So YouNited OS integration is coming after all: https://twitter.com/zwemdisco/status/517994538468904960
I'm bit confused by that tweet?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
https://mobile.twitter.com/JollaHQ/s...99573785382913

Native Younited app is certainly coming...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kake41 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post

The tweet doesn't really seem to say that. It says support for Jolla will be delivered via plug ins. That suggests the main app will remain Android.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
The tweet doesn't really seem to say that. It says support for Jolla will be delivered via plug ins. That suggests the main app will remain Android.
I understand it as the 'normal' way for that sort of apps. Not an application per se but integration at different place of the OS.
Sounds good to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Well... I don't say anything then. If no native, it is nonono for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kake41 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post

... and soon! Now that they wasted 7 months for an Android version that has no clean solution for either up- or downloading to/from the cloud, I'm sure the native application will be a matter of hours.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
On system updates from OpenRepos vs. from Jolla. Let's say I have a Honda still under warranty. Now something banal breaks, e.g. the interior light. I call Honda and they tell me sorry, we are currently busy and out of parts, but your next scheduled service is coming, we will look at it then. Do I accept? Sure.

Compare it with when something crucial breaks, e.g. a brake light swich. I step on the brakes but the lights at the back of the car don't light up. Clearly not a desirable situation on a motorway. Would I accept the same conditions? Definitely not! I go to Johny down the road who has a good reputation and can fix it right away.

Of course, I could go to Johny with the banal fix too. So why don't I? Because the car is under a warranty and it is Honda's job to fix it. So is the crucial fix, but that can't wait, so Johny wins.

It's up to you whether you consider insecure Bash a broken brake light switch or a burned out interior light. Depending on your decision, install it now from OpenRepos or wait for Jolla. End of story.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It's up to you whether you consider insecure Bash a broken brake light switch or a burned out interior light. Depending on your decision, install it now from OpenRepos or wait for Jolla. End of story.
You're forgetting the fact that if Johnny changes your brake lights and afterwards your car won't start and it's clear that Johnny broke something, then Johnny will be under some sort of obligation to fix it. With Openrepos, Johnny doesn't test whether the brake lights he has in stock work with your Toyota, and takes no responsibility if they don't.

If you're good enough with cars, then you can fix it yourself, but then you might as well have bought a brake light yourself and fitted it. But if you don't know what goes on under the hood, then you're better waiting for Toyota to fit you in.

Last edited by billranton; 2014-10-03 at 12:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
@billranton: And you're forgetting the fact that testing any packages says nothing about whether it'll work as promised or not. Look at Apple's iOS 8 updates so far. They've broken more than they've repaired. But they've tested them though.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
edging, jollasoap, sailfish update