Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I created a dedicated thread for discussing Jolla Tablet: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94241

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
It is little less than 50000$ missing from the first stretch goal and one week to go. Today is also the day that Finns get back the overpaid taxes so I suspect that Jolla will get some sales today from Finland. So I think that the first stretch goal will be met. The second one will most probably not be fulfilled but I hope that Jolla will implement it anyway at some point.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
just judging from pictures isn't always the best: Jolla Phone only has one speaker. When I saw the first pictures I thought there would be two.
I think it would be fairly poor design to place speakers on the rear of the device as shown in the picture above so that sound is projected away from the user, unevenly distributed in landscape, and/or covered and muffled by a tablet case.

Anyway, I sent a message to Jolla support in hopes of eliciting a more direct response to a very basic question:

Will the Tablet have speakers?

Answer:

"At this time we have no additional information regarding the speakers/audio. Please stick and stay with us on Jolla.com (and the preceding links) for updates on this and related developments. All available information regarding the tablet can be found on the campaign page."

I'm afraid that some of the basics here are not developed enough for a device that is roughly five months from delivery. I'm sure it will be a great device with cool accessories though and look forward to reading about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kriek For This Useful Post:

Tags
bulks