Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
If I try Deblet on a new MMC can I still boot to my HE2007, in my present mmc (change cards of course), using the same boot menu, or do I have to flash 770 again? E.g MMPC does not work on OS2006, so I still neeed HE2007. 770 is my only IT, so I have to keep it functional untill the next (hopefully 3G) version launch
Yes, but you may need to set up a boot menu item for it (it's easy, look in the alpha/beta testing thread). What boot menu do you use? fanoush's or the clone-to-SD deb?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
I use Fanoush boot menu

this is not found:

http://trac.tspre.org/svn/deblet/tru.../deblet/md5sum

is this right address:

http://trac.tspre.org/svn/deblet/tru...ibexec/deblet/

Last edited by mrp; 2008-10-14 at 12:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
this is not found:

http://trac.tspre.org/svn/deblet/tru.../deblet/md5sum
My apologies, - I've updated the 770Port wiki page now, that's what I get for trying to move things into a nice structured tree
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

maybe you should correct this too:

dpkg -i http://ftp.dk.debian.org/debian/pool...1.0.10_all.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to mrp For This Useful Post:
nit-env-lxde is not installable. debends nit-env-x. that one needs tablet-x and something else and after these nit-env-lxde is still uninstallable. Any ideas?

I flashed the latest os2006, intalled wifi hot fix, xterm and becomeroot and the bootmenu (from installation instructions). I have a 2gb sd card as my mmc

Tried from scratch, same result, nit-env-lxde needs nit-env-x, "not to be installed". Trying to install that gets you to an endless install sequence.

Anybody else tried with the 770 port instructions with success?

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Germany
Same result. The Package is not installable.

Same result. The Package is not installable.
Yeah, I'm looking into it - it's a N8x0 dependancy so (hald-addon-bme). in the meantime you can try with apt-get install nit-env-basic, and hold down the home button when you've selected Deblet in boot menu and starting to boot, and select console boot there.

I think it should work, report otherwise.

I saw an earlier post on trying wifi. Now, I wonder whether some of the icons- terminal, web browser, shut down- should open something now, or is my installation incomplete?

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet 770 experiment