Hello everyone, I've encountered this problem with the conversations applications, where whenever I click on any of my messages (IM or SMS), the screen where it's supposed to show the full chat log shows nothing at all except the chat box where I'm supposed to type. It's been really bugging me since I can only read part of those messages from the menu and not the whole chat.

I would really appreciate any kind of help on this.
Thanks in advamce.

Can you show us a picture of what it looks like by taking a screen shot and posting it?

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

Yeah sure. Here is one for the main conversations window and the other is when I click on one of those messages.
Attached Images

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
hmmm, you may have corrupted your default conversation theme. You can go to this wiki page and download the default theme files.
If you want help installing, the instruction are given in the wiki page itself or you can try the conversation modder app.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Hyderabad, India
Even I have same problem. Though, it happens sometimes only.

Originally Posted by mosaaberizing View Post
Hello everyone, I've encountered this problem with the conversations applications, where whenever I click on any of my messages (IM or SMS), the screen where it's supposed to show the full chat log shows nothing at all except the chat box where I'm supposed to type. It's been really bugging me since I can only read part of those messages from the menu and not the whole chat.

I would really appreciate any kind of help on this.
Thanks in advamce.
I spent about 4 hours yesterday updating the conversations wiki page, please take a look at it. I have finished enough of it to help you restore the default theme and there are also installation instructions for custom themes as well as a method to backup and restore ur backups

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
@mosaaberizing

Use this file in the post provided by Harick it worked a treat for me with the same problem.

Replace the html folder with the backup html folder(you with have to unpack and rename backup to html) and put it in this path /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui

I USED FILEBOX TO COPY AND PASTE THE FOLDER IN PLACE

Please do this at you're own risk i take no responsibility if it breaks you're tablet it will reset you're conversations back to default theme.

Last edited by Bazza; 2011-03-08 at 10:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post:
@mosaaberizing

Did you get this issue sorted????

Appreciate the replies a lot, but unfortunately I still face the same troubles. The thing is, this is how it's been since I got the phone. Even after I updated the software. I didn't come anywhere near the theme files.

@Bazza, I think i followed the steps you said and replaced the folder, but there was no change whatsoever. Maybe I did something wrong, could you kindly elaborate on the steps you took to fix your problem so I could recheck?

@ejasmuder Well done on the app, but it doesn't seem to startup after I downloaded it. closes while loading. Any help on that?

Is there any way I can fix this? Are there other apps you guys recommend for showing messages other than Conversations? Please bare with me because it's been less than a week since I got my N900?

Thanks a lot to everyone.

@mosaaberizing u need to install zenity from the repos to make the conv. modder get to work...

The Following User Says Thank You to CooL_HunK For This Useful Post: