Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by nikosapi View Post
Install the mogg package (available in the chinook extras repo) for ogg support, it'll pull in the right gstreamer plugin.
(After installing mogg)

OK, now application manager still says it's unable to update. Says "ogg-support" package is still missing. :|

Last edited by namtastic; 2008-12-15 at 16:56.

Follow up -- had to do a bunch of searching but found ogg-support here:

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/ogg/

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Tokyo, Japan
Ditto here.
I'm unable to install panucci from the diablo repos due to the ogg-support dependence. Is it possible to remove this as a dependency as it isn't in the standard diablo repos yet?

On another note - thp it was great to hear your interview on the recent Linux Outlaws podcast.

Thanks for all your great work.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Thanks for the kind words

Am uploading 0.2-5 right now. Sorry for the huge amount of updated packages with just minor fixes recently

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
This is great. Nothing irritates me more than losing my place in podcasts constantly.

Two things sprung to mind, from simplest to complex:

1. For car usage, the more "stabbable" the play/pause button is the better. Could the nice large album art square be tappable as a play/pause button in the same way the dpad button and on screen play buttons are?

2. Could it be optional for the last playing item to load by default when relaunching the application without parameters (or maybe with a special switch?)? Maybe i've misunderstood the integration but due to the md5 folder names, selecting a file from the interface isn't very viable. Launching from gPodder first time is great, but if I then choose to close gPodder, then close Panucci, the only easy way back is running gPodder again just to click "Play". It'd be cool to be able to just relaunch Panicci and carry straight on.

It's cool already though - just some ideas

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Am uploading 0.2-5 right now. Sorry for the huge amount of updated packages with just minor fixes recently
Lots of updates (even if fixes) are better than no updates and bugs

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by onion_cfe View Post
2. Could it be optional for the last playing item to load by default when relaunching the application without parameters (or maybe with a special switch?)? Maybe i've misunderstood the integration but due to the md5 folder names, selecting a file from the interface isn't very viable. Launching from gPodder first time is great, but if I then choose to close gPodder, then close Panucci, the only easy way back is running gPodder again just to click "Play". It'd be cool to be able to just relaunch Panicci and carry straight on.
while not really in the development loop, i recall seeing some stuff about a database on the mailing list.

i also recall reading something about playlists, so i suspect they will be merged so that one can have whole dirs loaded into the database or something and starting playing from one end to the other with a single play tap.

Launching from gPodder first time is great, but if I then choose to close gPodder, then close Panucci, the only easy way back is running gPodder again just to click "Play". It'd be cool to be able to just relaunch Panicci and carry straight on.
That would partially be fixed once gPodder starts using human-readable filenames, right?

But yeah, I agree, I'd like to see a feature (pref?) where relaunching Panucci opens the "resumed" audio file as paused.

Thanks, it now installs and boots up.

As for the problem of having to have a single large mp3 file, I'm using 'MP3 Merge' - freeware, to join multiple audio-book files into one large file. Seems to work so far.

http://mp3-merger.qarchive.org/

2. Could it be optional for the last playing item to load by default when relaunching the application without parameters (or maybe with a special switch?)?
I was testing the latest SVN, and I noticed this feature is already in place

Tags
barbiestrsand