Notices

Oh well. That sound interesting... So I have a question now. if I uninstal the mod yours, I guess the widget will stiil work right? The uninstall is just about the mce.ini?

So in the end, I'm have brightness widget adjust with ALS controling the keyb backlight?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I'll create a Wiki page
isn't there some wiki with a lot of tips and tricks, because it should be besides those.

And yes why the hell didn't nokia just make a checkbox in the display settings to turn ALS of/on and also make a custom brightness e.g. values for the 5 steps

Originally Posted by Tinukedaya View Post
Oh well. That sound interesting... So I have a question now. if I uninstal the mod yours, I guess the widget will stiil work right? The uninstall is just about the mce.ini?

So in the end, I'm have brightness widget adjust with ALS controling the keyb backlight?
no if you uninstall the mod you widget will only work temporary until the screen dimes or keylock on off.

you can still continue to use my mod, because it will not slow the N900 down or anything, and the only side effect is the fade up thing.

i will still be looking for a keyboard turn on off function that you would like, since it basically has nothing to do with the brightness of the screen it should work "on the side"

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
And yes why the hell didn't nokia just make a checkbox in the display settings to turn ALS of/on and also make a custom brightness e.g. values for the 5 steps
Who knows, with MeeGo's MCE being open (along with its modules including filter-brightness-*) and nicolai's clone of the Display applet, maybe it's possible

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
http://wiki.maemo.org/Disable_The_Ambient_Light_Sensor

If you don't like it, feel free to change it.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Disable_The_Ambient_Light_Sensor

If you don't like it, feel free to change it.
Whats to change
I like that you included an uninstall

Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
Who knows, with MeeGo's MCE being open (along with its modules including filter-brightness-*) and nicolai's clone of the Display applet, maybe it's possible
looked through it but could not find the values for the 5 steps, i know they are in the /usr/lib/mce/modules/libfilter-brightness-simple.so so if we could get the source for that file it would be easy to make a new filter-brightness with the values the user wants.

i am very happy with the simple filter's preset values, i would only require step 1 to be '2' since this turns the light down so that if you are in a dark place where you don't want to disturb somebody, like say your in your bed and your girlfriend/boyfriend is sleeping and you want to check something on the web......
But i am working on a widget that just sets the brightness to 2, it will stay that way until interrupted, like dimmed screen or screen off/on

right now i am using step 4 (204), it is really nice.

and now im also using the 'Simple Brightness Applet'

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-02-16 at 16:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Yes indeed, it would be nice to have a kb-backlight on/off-switch coupled with a user-defined custom brightness level (like '2') and 'Simple Brightness Applet' functionality put into a nice widget.

hmm, I guess the QBW widget might be modified to use the standard brightnes settings on the buttons and still make use of the + - for temporary adjustment for custom brightness?

I like the widget as it fits my theme, but for only temporary screen adjust it's usage is limited.

My problem is now, that I'd like to have the ALS controled keyb backlight, but posibility to use the widget to set the brightness on not only temporary basis.

PS: tho' an backlight keyboard switch would still be usefull at times.
btw: looks like those guys found out how to control the keyboard leds.

Originally Posted by Tinukedaya View Post
hmm, I guess the QBW widget might be modified to use the standard brightnes settings on the buttons and still make use of the + - for temporary adjustment for custom brightness?

I like the widget as it fits my theme, but for only temporary screen adjust it's usage is limited.

My problem is now, that I'd like to have the ALS controled keyb backlight, but posibility to use the widget to set the brightness on not only temporary basis.

PS: tho' an backlight keyboard switch would still be usefull at times.
btw: looks like those guys found out how to control the keyboard leds.
in your case with the cool theme and such, you should keep the custom brightness and i will try to find a solution for keyboard

been looking at the thread but can't get my keyboard to turn off.......

Tags
brightness, display, light sensor, screen