Notices

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ California
So I fired up spotify on my PC this morning and it said... Spotify Is now Free On Mobile And Tablet!
Does this also go for thrid party clients like QSpot or MeeSpot? Can we listen to spotify for free on our n900'S without having to purchase their upgrade package?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask but maybe some QSpot expert from the thread could help me?

I have all three available (QSpot, MeeSpot, official Spotify) Spotify clients installed on my N9. They all used to work but lately I have started to encounter bad problems. When I try to start any of the Spotify clients none of them work.

MeeSpot and QSpot start but close immediately after I can see the start screen (with playlists etc.). QSpot does not close but it hangs for forever to "Loading playlists" screen.

I should probably uninstall and reinstall the players (or actually just QSpot would be enough) but how can I be sure that they uninstall completely and do not leave some crap behind which might cause problems also in the future? Should I manually remove some folders or do I even need to do some purging from command line?

having same problems in N900.

QSpot segmentation fault now. Worked fine before..

Last edited by riku2015; 2013-12-22 at 13:55.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask but maybe some QSpot expert from the thread could help me?

I have all three available (QSpot, MeeSpot, official Spotify) Spotify clients installed on my N9. They all used to work but lately I have started to encounter bad problems. When I try to start any of the Spotify clients none of them work.

MeeSpot and QSpot start but close immediately after I can see the start screen (with playlists etc.). QSpot does not close but it hangs for forever to "Loading playlists" screen.

I should probably uninstall and reinstall the players (or actually just QSpot would be enough) but how can I be sure that they uninstall completely and do not leave some crap behind which might cause problems also in the future? Should I manually remove some folders or do I even need to do some purging from command line?
Hello,

QSpot should remove its associated files + metadata when uninstalling. Sometimes there has been problem with removing the configuration / settings file, you can check that it has been removed. Config file is installed in /home/user/.config/qspotcore, and app metadata under /home/user/MyDocs/.qspot .

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Any plans to push Qspot to sailfish anytime soon?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Any plans to push Qspot to sailfish anytime soon?
Well I do have a prototype version of QSpot tested with SailfishOS on N950, but still some problems with audio (no sound at all even though music is buffering and playing) so I need to check it out some more. It is a little problematic that they have quite a few restrictions on apps published to Harbour (e.g., which libs you are allowed to link to).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Vinnylt asked a question at end of last month about whether Qspot would now work on N900 for free accounts. Sorry if I've missed this but did this get answered?

I believe the answer is no you can't, are there any plans to make it work?

The Following User Says Thank You to ziggadebo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ziggadebo View Post
Vinnylt asked a question at end of last month about whether Qspot would now work on N900 for free accounts. Sorry if I've missed this but did this get answered?

I believe the answer is no you can't, are there any plans to make it work?
Well the current spotify library available only works with Premium accounts; however in case the library gets updated to support free accounts I will add it to QSpot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2014 @ mumbai,maharashtra,India
i have install Qspot but when i start it show login option........so how to login in this and how to creat id on it.....!!!! i m confused.... please help me....an d i have atteched screenshot...
Attached Images

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by aamirshaikh View Post
i have install Qspot but when i start it show login option........so how to login in this and how to creat id on it.....!!!! i m confused.... please help me....an d i have atteched screenshot...
This is a service and you need to create a premium account at Spotify.com. You cant use free account so go and see if your country is supported.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
premium account, spotify