Notices

Guys,I cant play videos with N900 media player of mp4 format it says unable to play media format not supported but when I reboot my device it plays the video and after some time same problem worked fine before can anyone help!!!

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
do you have the extra decoders installed?

http://maemo.org/downloads/search/ap...roducts_search[1][property]=title&org_openpsa_products_search[1][constraint]=LIKE&org_openpsa_products_search[1][value]=Extra+Decoders+&org_openpsa_products_search[2][property]=os&org_openpsa_products_search[2][constraint]=LIKE&org_openpsa_products_search[2][value]=Maemo5&fetch=Search

Yes....I have mentioned it works but after some time problem reappers it worked fine before

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
have you tried mplayer? that should play them with no probs

The Following User Says Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:
also the resolution for the n900 will only play upto 800x480

The Following User Says Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:
Ya it does with vlc and km player but i like the default media player so is there any solution to solve the problem

I had the same issue a long time ago so i use mplayer for mp4. sorry i cant help with the built in media player ( i personally dislike the media player as it still has bugs unfixed by nokia, maybe the community ssu are looking into this?)

One thing I forgot to mention the videos that I have shooted from N900 cam also doesnt work

I have never had a problem playing back video shot on the n900...hopefuly someone can throw some light on that one for you?>
all i can think of is do you have any 3rd party software like bliss or fcam installed?
and as a very last resort if it persists and If you have everything backed up a reflash may resolve that problem

Which is the best video player with nice GUI?????.