Active Topics

hi everyone,
i wanted to develop a simple, but nice web app that loads a website but the app is something like a user interface that only shows the really necessary fields that has to be filled out and doesn't load something like ads.
I read that Qt should be the best development environment to easily program user interfaces.
i appreciate every help^^
and here is a picture that shows what i mean if you can't understand my idea:
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aliman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Can you provide a link to the website you have in mind? That would be helpful in understanding exactly what it is you are looking to do. The most suitable approach will depend on whether the website has a public API. If it does, you should be able to retrieve/submit data via the API. Otherwise, the approach will probably be to retrieve and parse the HTML. For displaying the UI, you can use either QtGui widgets or QML. In your case, I would probably use Python with the Qt bindings for the backend code.

My website

GitHub

the website i wanted to use is mufa.de (send sms for free over the internet)
i wanted to create a nice interface or even better would be a widget for n900.
i am a total noob in qt, but i know how to program in python

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I have recently developed (not complete yet) small app called hellosarkar. http://hellosarkar.garage.maemo.org/ It should be helpful for you to get started! It uses web api but doesn't load the web page, instead custom ui is designed according to the requirement.

i installed your app and looked what it does and as i understood it is an app for submitting news to a website and i want to do the same but my app is for sending sms through the internet and it has to load one picture.
if you have instructions for a noob like me to realize such an app it would be very helpful

Dude use balsamiq mockups to draw user interfaces! It's so much nicer than your MS Paint job.

BTW if you tell me what website it is I may be able to help - currently doing my own QML app so this seems quite easyish.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
rash.m2k,

He already answered:

Originally Posted by aliman View Post
the website i wanted to use is mufa.de (send sms for free over the internet)

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
currently i can't develop because my computer is dead and my internet is down due to a fault of my inet provider (so don't wonder why i haven't posted any progress since i started the thread).
and again:
i am a total noob who learns how to program (language that i learned so far is python) and i'm trying my best with the develpoment but i have no idea how to program an interface for a webpage.
i would really appreciate if someone could give me a hand and help me with the development to understand how it works.
for everyone who can't read the whole thread before posting something:
the website i want to use is mufa.de (free sms through internet)
and i had the idea to implement the feature to load up the phonebook so you don't have to reenter the phonenumber everytime and maybe a box that enters something like a signature

lol my bad - should have read the whole post.

So as I understand it what you want to do is to get rid of the adverts and have a much smaller app for this website.

First things first, download and install QtSDK you will need to have QML installed, it's a straightforward next next next process.

Second step is to learn a little bit about QML - do some tutorials.

Here's how I think you application will work:

1) Get the webpage - I can't seem to find anything on the internet about how would you simply just get the html page from QML? (Any ideas people?)

2) Then you need to parse the HTML file and figure out where the captcha picture is - this should be easy, a little bit of xpath should do the trick.

3) Load the captcha image and show it to the user so they can type the letters.

4) Finally you need to send the message using a HTTP Post request, this should also be pretty straight forward.

Anymore questions then just drop me a PM.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
i will try that when i have my inet connection again at home
thx for your help
i will contact you as soon as i have more questions^^