Hi all,
I get limited time on internet daily these days, like 2 hours in a day (and that on a garden outside my room !). I am regular reader of maemo forums. Now the problem is that i cannot read my favourite posts because they are so many and I dont have enough *online* time to read them. I could open all the pages in the posts by opening them into various tabs and than read them later in my room, but sometimes the messages are simply too many and this approach is not practical.

I was thinking of trying to write some code specifically for the maemo forums, so that when i'm connected i'm going to give it the links to the posts that I want and it'll crawl and download all the pages in that post. But before i do that does anyone has any better solution !!!!?

thanks.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
Hi all,
I get limited time on internet daily these days, like 2 hours in a day (and that on a garden outside my room !). I am regular reader of maemo forums. Now the problem is that i cannot read my favourite posts because they are so many and I dont have enough *online* time to read them. I could open all the pages in the posts by opening them into various tabs and than read them later in my room, but sometimes the messages are simply too many and this approach is not practical.

I was thinking of trying to write some code specifically for the maemo forums, so that when i'm connected i'm going to give it the links to the posts that I want and it'll crawl and download all the pages in that post. But before i do that does anyone has any better solution !!!!?

thanks.
I subscribe to several of my favorite posts. Once you do that, you do not need to go to the forum at all. Each new thread of a post is emailed to you. When ever you have time to check your email you can read those threads from within your email. If something interests you, you can save it to a folder called Maemo Forum.

To subscribe, click on the "Thread Tools" at the top of a thread then select "Subscribe to this Thread". Next choose "Notification by Email".

Also, make sure that you have gone to "Control Panel" at the right of each screen and click on "Edit Email and Password" to setup your email link.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-11-13 at 20:30.

hmm, thanks, I have never checked out the subscription feature here, so doing that now, I'll see how handy it is.