Notices

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all

It seems that the Nokia repositories are down

Code:
apt-get update
times out and showes me this:
Code:
Failed to fetch https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/./Packages  connect() timed out!
The other repositories work.
Is it the same for you guys?
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Update:
I tested it in another network and it worked fine.
Tracing it more it seems that the problem is the https-proxy in my network.
How ever other applications (browsers) work fine with the proxy.
Is it possible that apt-get is not using the system wide configured proxy settings?
Code:
env | grep proxy
does not show anything.

Searching in the forum shows that many applications (even from Nokia itself) have the same problem
It can be fixed if you set the proxy in the terminal and start the application from there (ex. HAM)
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Last edited by caco3; 2010-10-04 at 19:40.