Active Topics

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
could it be possible to integrate msn to maemo like facebook chat is integrated ? MSN Pecan works fine but it could be more stable. I just read from Meegoexperts feed that microsoft announced this XMPP acces to windows live messenger. I dont even understand what that means but someone more talented could get an idea from this post

Originally Posted by oKtosiTe View Post
Perhaps I don't want to search high and low to figure out which country uses my favorite date notation as a default, .....
Most of the work is done for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

Originally Posted by joonne View Post
could it be possible to integrate msn to maemo like facebook chat is integrated ? MSN Pecan works fine but it could be more stable. I just read from Meegoexperts feed that microsoft announced this XMPP acces to windows live messenger. I dont even understand what that means but someone more talented could get an idea from this post
It means that you dont need to use Pecan at all - you just configure as a standard jabber/xmpp connection which the N900 supports brilliantly out of the box.

I have to use MSN unfortunately for work - and this is really good news!

EDIT I just went to look at the specifics and of course this is Microsoft... so while they really have opened up xmpp/jabber access to live... they've made it semi-proprietary. 1) The app has to be "signed" which makes zero sense in the O/S world... 2) The only authentication protocol support is the new facebook OATH2 - which no clients support 3) there is no federation - so you cant talk to other users on other xmpp services like googletalk for instance using your msn live account.

It wont work work on your N900. At least for now.

Last edited by phedders; 2011-12-16 at 09:13.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Russia, Vladivostok
Hi guys
Are you going to create a free analog of nokia input method(vkb + word dictionary)?
I think a lot of people are dreaming about Swype Vkb and Portait Vkb with skins right now
Is it real?
Thanks

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
a "close all" option in multitasking view would be very very very useful.

As it is on the N9.

I am aware it has been sugested before. I am just keeping tje flame alive

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
The first thing I would love is not to miss call because of heavy cpu use at the time of call. Almost no other mobile os (probably) misses calls because of heavy memory use. But again its gsm....drivers.....closed.....

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
The first thing I would love is not to miss call because of heavy cpu use at the time of call. Almost no other mobile os (probably) misses calls because of heavy memory use. But again its gsm....drivers.....closed.....
No other phone has real multitasking either

But the fact that the answer-callscreen is a menu and not a window that will be shown in the tasklist is very annoying...
However, maybe hildon-home can be rewritten to catch that menu and keep it on top? or transform it into a normal window?
Unless, the tasklist can be rewritten to show that menu too...

Last edited by electroaudio; 2012-02-08 at 10:14.

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Would it be possible to rewrite hildon-home to handle widgets much better?
Right now when a widget is active waitinging for something, it will block the whole interface.

I must say that you are doing dignified work.
There are some attributes that missing and in my opinion these can be great to have on N900:
1. Ability to conference 3G-GSM calls and skype call, i'm aware that a year ago there were some determinations that it can't be done, maybe with more experience like people have now it may be possible to develop.
2. sms messages templates ("On a meeting..","I'm 10 minutes late"...)
3. Ability to edit contact details from "Phone" by long press on a contact and change the functioning of "open contact card" to open the contact card as it is from the "contacts" screen.
4. Auto complete on email address (To/CC...) by the emails saved on the contacts.
5. Allow sending files via Skype to an online contact.
6. Add option to connect skype account without retrieving old messages arrive since last connection.
7. Performance optimization. for example: I guess that there is a process that writes to log file all the time, so maybe adding a parameter of logging level writing (All = 1 , Just what is "just must" = 2) can make things faster and lower the CPU.

Thank you very much!
Bentzy

The Following User Says Thank You to DJBENTZY For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
The ability to shut the phone down at a certain time. For example midnight, and letting it start up 1 hour before you wake up.
Remember having this on one of my first nokia's.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900