Lot of nice entries, this month!

Finally, I've managed to get a photo that is at least slightly on-topic for the competition

The photo was took with N900, cropped on-device with GIMP. Sorry for the noise grain and blue hue, N900 used for taking this shot was using vanilla backcover, and the infamous blue mirror bug got it "revenge"

Here, my son strangle hugs grandparent's cat, Lucek. I swear that I haven't done any edits to it - it is how Lucek's eyes looks after reflecting N900's flash, without any alterations/edits to accentuate it.

I call it, in the honor of old e-grade S-F movies: "Colonel Filip and the Sneaky Cats from Mars". Judging by the expression of his face, this particular specimen must be having quite an internal struggle to maintain his disguise as innocent and patient earthling cat

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2015-01-25 at 22:44.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Fixed that for you.
http://s1.postimg.org/nsou5o3lp/filip_lucek.jpg

Oh, and I hate cropping. You should already "crop" your photos by composing them well in camera. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't do some minor corrections though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You do realize that the stock N900 photo viewer can crop too, right?

BTW, I cannot see any picture or a link in Estel's post; is it just me? The thanks in Estel's post and Half's follow-up suggest that at least some people could see it. I've tried MicroB, Sailfish browser and Firefox and... nothing. Just text.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I didn't say that cropping was illegal.
It's just what I as a photographer have to say.
And I went and checked what was in Estel's post, I went to that link where the photo should have been and it opened a site with a picture so I simply went ahead and copied the source img url of that. If that made any sense.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
That bit about cropping was meant for Estel Sorry, I do realize it was a bit ambiguous.

And "that link" is exactly what I am talking about. I do not see any link, only some text with blank space that does not react to clicking. Only after your post did I try a Quote & Reply and only that showed there was a URL.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Yeah, some of those photo sites aren't too keen to let us see the photos without going directly at their site. Use flickr, people!
I'm going to send a PM to Estel because I figure he's busy and hasn't seen his mistake yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot, fixed. I can't believe I've managed to screw pasting link to photo, after using that service for years ops:
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
I'll submit this photo for consideration; I call it "The warmest spot in the house". Taken with an N900, standard camera app, automatic settings.

Link to photo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7n...JpUkQ4TzA/view
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Thanks a lot, fixed. I can't believe I've managed to screw pasting link to photo, after using that service for years ops:
Err, no, you did not . Not for me anyway. See below and note the red rounded square where the picture is presumably supposed to be:

Name:  Estel.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  22.7 KB

In your defence, I tried pasting the URL in a way that would show the picture (having copied it first by opening your post in Quote&Reply) but it still did not work. Must be the site restricting a 3rd party access as Half-Life said.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
How come it does show the picture for me?
It also showed the picture for me before he edited it?

I don't understand what is wrong with Estel's post...? (yes, even before the edit, it was just showing fine)

pichlo, you better change your browser or see if firewall or any scripts that you have blocks something

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, camera, cats meeting, competition, january, phone