Active Topics

Poll: Do you want to be a admin or mod or just a member?
Poll Options
Do you want to be a admin or mod or just a member?

It seems enough people are interested in Mer Project forums that it is worth it for me to create them. So, it's time to choose a domain. Leave a reply below with any ideas, and if you like somebody's idea, thank the post. The top thanked posts will be put in a poll for what people think is the best. Do the poll above if your interested in being a mod or admin. Please, if you wish to be a admin have experience with nemo and mer. Also, if you have any idea how to contact the owner of the Mer Project domain or who manages it, please tell me, as I might be able to use talk.merproject.org or forums or whatever.
My ideas for domains:
merforums.com
merforums.org
merforums.net
merproject.net (maybe the owner of merproject.org wouldn't like this)
merboards.com (or any TLD (.com, net, org)
nemoforums.com (any TLD, kinda like nemoforums.org)
etc, etc.

No criticism here please. Go here with your criticizing posts (must you really? I am doing this for the good of the community)
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91336

Last edited by byteninja2; 2013-09-14 at 04:50.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
merproject.org is registered by David Greaves (and I would add, who else could have been ).
You should have plenty of ways to find his contacts, including whois data.
And I would suggest to first contact Mer people in their irc chat to discuss about the forum subject and perhaps also open a Mer 'bug' (as feature request) that you can assign to yourself about the forum creation, so things are nicely tracked from *inside* Mer project.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
My vote goes to TMO. Talk.Mer.Org

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Lol That is awesome, but sadly mer.org is already registered. Minimos, thanks, but how do I contact him with IRC? I seriously have no idea on how IRC works.

Edit: Email sent, bug logged

Last edited by byteninja2; 2013-09-14 at 07:04.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by byteninja2 View Post
Lol That is awesome, but sadly mer.org is already registered. Minimos, thanks, but how do I contact him with IRC? I seriously have no idea on how IRC works.

Edit: Email sent, bug logged
Not to sound rude but..

Seriously? You dont know how IRC works? You do know that almost all developers are on IRC channels and mailinglists?

Anyway there is alot of IRC clients.

in linux I use QuasselIRC and there is also xchat and others...

on Windows there is MiRC i think...

on Mac I dont know...

on phone there is IRCChatter

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-09-14 at 11:49.

I have a basic idea how IRC works, but have never used it as I am not a developer (not very much, at least). I submitted a bug, and David replied: https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=797

Last edited by byteninja2; 2013-09-14 at 17:09.

Come on guys, lets do this.