Active Topics

You say Exchange 2007 works but I cannot get it to work. I've used the same settings that were on my 5800 XpressMusic but still won't connect. I've tried different versions of my domain name, user name with and without domain etc.... can't get it to work. Is there a step by step instruction guide?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to stathonm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stathonm View Post
You say Exchange 2007 works but I cannot get it to work. I've used the same settings that were on my 5800 XpressMusic but still won't connect. I've tried different versions of my domain name, user name with and without domain etc.... can't get it to work. Is there a step by step instruction guide?

Thanks
Maybe you have the same problem as I do : no provisionning support

My firm won't let me connect a device that does not support remote wipe or lock. My e71 worked flawlessy with MfE or Roadsync but the brand new N900 doesn't

The Following User Says Thank You to qhorse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by stathonm View Post
Is there a step by step instruction guide?
Did you check the MfE Wiki? Having a closer look at (extended) log files might help. If you see a http 449 error then it's most likely a problem concerning provisioning.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
This is a definite deal breaker. I truly do not understand the Nokia mentality. Even Nexus One out of the box will sync your emails, but NOT N900.

I am curious if N900 will ever get provisioning?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Guber, please give it a rest.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Ok, since this thread has been negative for the past oh, 100 or so posts.. I just thought I'd add:

It now works for me!

By pure coincidence, my organization deprecated the old server I was using precisely at the moment I switched phones. It was set to reject all users.

I'm now up and running. Thanks Vitaly and everyone else responsible for the PR1.1 update.

*edit*

I just noticed I can't see any of my tasks in the calendar; it shows 5 tasks outstanding in the widget, but when I switch to the task view, it appears empty. If I add a new task on my n900 it adds it as an appointment in exchange/outlook. Is this normal or am I doing something silly?

In any case, not a big deal as I don't use tasks much... and I'm just so happy to be seeing my work email!

Last edited by nightfire; 2010-02-03 at 06:44.

I've managed to sync google (calendar only) once. I then deleted the mfe account as I had problems sending "nokia messaging" emails. I went to recreate the mfe configuration for google, but sync never completes -- reporting that there are server connection issues :-(

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
planetf1: for the millionth time, google sync is NOT officially supported. It is pure "coincidence" if it works.
This is a very unfortunate situation and quite a dealbreaker for many, so we all hope that Nokia product management orders Vitaly to implement the necessary changes :-)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Yes indeed. Sorry, apologies. I forgot (eek). expectation vs supported. I've seen the b/storm threads.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by wolfpac72 View Post
Hello Vitaly,

I see im the complete newbie But this was the command I was searching for
I attach here 3 logs. 1 is connection work and received Mail. 1 get error message Server not responding and 1 when I tried to send a Mail where I got the error message that sending failed.
Hope this helps you out, but I think I made a error anyways

And you are not bothering me Im bothering you with stupid errors

BR

Thomas
Hello all together, somebody did find anything in the Log Files?
Its strange that sometimes it works smoothly and sometimes it doesnt.

BR

Wolfpac

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!