Active Topics

I set mine to values same as yours(except usb-device-name), but still no access to microSDHC card. Anyone knows what could solve the problem?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Hi all i thing you might read my thread if that works for you

plz post result here if that "cleaning the sensor" works for you

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Our problem is related to the magnet sensor, not the camera lens cover sensor. My camera works perfectly fine, it's just the sensor of the back cover.

Any solution for this problem yet. am getting freaked out my emmc is bad and i rely on the microsd for the function of the phone.... am so bored.... any idea on how to install Linux Kernel For Power User V2.6.28-10power50 offline mode

Bump this thread

Bump but for what? Solution from 5 post of this thread works good for me.

Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Bump but for what? Solution from 5 post of this thread works good for me.

I think that it's not a Linux way. Also this problem still not solved completely.

update
Lens cover becomes undetectable(always closed) if I use solution from 5 post.

Last edited by usr; 2014-09-10 at 07:51.

Try to cover lens sensor with white paper. Is it works then? Be sure that sd card is detected maybe it's also needed - if you have cssu testing installed it doesn't matter

Last edited by elros34; 2014-09-10 at 08:21.

Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Try to cover sensor with white paper. Is it works then? Be sure that sd card is detected maybe it's also needed - if you have cssu testing installed it doesn't matter
SD card is detected but camera isn't work with white paper and even with μ-metal cover.

Update: but with other back cover(from another n900) all works fine. Problem still not solved.

Last edited by usr; 2014-09-10 at 08:27.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@usr, your lens cover is most likely detected to be permanently open.

The culprit is the magnet - it's too bright. Remember the lens open detector is a simple light latch: a miniature LED and a photodetector. The area surrounding the whole assembly must be completely black in the lens closed state, otherwise it will generate enough reflection to trigger the detector and the phone will think the lens is open, as I have learned the hard way in this mod (see 4. Lens cover, part 1).

The solution is to use a black magnet. I used the flexible sheet from the back of fridge magnets. You can try colouring yours with a dollop of black paint or a black CD marker.