Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by abergon View Post
Hello,

is it possible to use Erminig to synchronise a Google Calendar with a premier edition account?

I have used Erminig succesfully so far with an email ending with @gmail.com , I would like now to edit my email address to reflect my domain name, I do not know how to do that.

Albert
I would say that it will work also with premier accounts. In Erminig you can go to the settings panel, and add another google account. Then add a new profile using the premier account. If everything goes well you should see the list of your calendars.

Unfortunately I cannot test it myself, since I don't have a premier account...

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
I would say that it will work also with premier accounts. In Erminig you can go to the settings panel, and add another google account. Then add a new profile using the premier account.
When I add the google account, Erminig assumes the domain name will be gmail.com, unless I am mistaken. When I insert the user name, I get an error message afterwards "Invalid username or password". And then I'm stuck.

I have the recent problem, that it is not working proberly since two days. I didn't change anything, but always ocurs the following message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 153, sync_all_profiles(widget=<gtk.ToolButton object at 0x41d5b800 (GtkToolButton at 0x4bb1d8)>, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41d62698 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x450060)>)
id = i[0]
do_profile_sync(id, data)
variables: {'data': ('local', <hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41d62698 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x450060)>), 'id': ('local', 4), 'do_profile_sync': ('global', <function do_profile_sync at 0x41cff6f0>)}
File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 125, do_profile_sync(id=4, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41d62698 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x450060)>)
profile['remoteSource'], \
profile['lastUpdate'], progress)
variables: {'profile': ('local', {'lastUpdate': 1275578896, 'direction': 0, 'lastLocalUpdate': 1275578899, 'remoteSourceTitle': u'Klinik', 'remoteAccountId': 1, 'enabled': 1, 'localSource': u'12', 'remoteSource': u'capvpqu9tn1o42gnklf4nm3250@group.calendar.google .com', 'localSourceTitle': u'Klinik', 'id': 4}), 'progress': ('local', <gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41d5acd8 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4cd8d0)>)}
File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 495, syncFromGoogle(pid=4, localSource=u'12', remoteSource=u'capvpqu9tn1o42gnklf4nm3250@group.ca lendar.google.com', lastSync=1275578896, progress=<gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41d5acd8 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4cd8d0)>)
getNewEventsFromGoogle(pid, int(localSource), remoteSource, lastSync, \
progress)
variables: {'progress': ('local', <gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41d5acd8 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4cd8d0)>)}
File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 256, getNewEventsFromGoogle(pid=4, localSource=12, remoteSource=u'capvpqu9tn1o42gnklf4nm3250@group.ca lendar.google.com', lastSync=1275578896, progress=<gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41d5acd8 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4cd8d0)>)
else:
insertGoogleEventLocally(event, int(localSource), pid)
variables: {'int': ('builtin', <type 'int'>), 'localSource': ('local', 12), 'pid': ('local', 4), 'event': ('local', <Event.Event instance at 0x41fad300>), 'insertGoogleEventLocally': ('global', <function insertGoogleEventLocally at 0x41d39e70>)}
File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 91, insertGoogleEventLocally(event=<Event.Event instance at 0x41fad300>, cid=12, pid=4)
if localID:
updateGoogleEventLocally(event, cid, localID)
else:
variables: {'updateGoogleEventLocally': ('global', <function updateGoogleEventLocally at 0x41d39eb0>), 'localID': ('local', u'13562'), 'event': ('local', <Event.Event instance at 0x41fad300>), 'cid': ('local', 12)}
File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 100, updateGoogleEventLocally(event=<Event.Event instance at 0x41fad300>, cid=12, localID=u'13562')
# XXX Check for failed updates!
cwrapper.updateLocalEvent(cid, event, localID)
variables: {'cwrapper.updateLocalEvent': ('global', <function updateLocalEvent at 0x413a8130>), 'localID': ('local', u'13562'), 'event': ('local', <Event.Event instance at 0x41fad300>), 'cid': ('local', 12)}
File "/usr/share/erminig/cwrapper.py", line 97, updateLocalEvent(cid=12, evt=<Event.Event instance at 0x41fad300>, lid=u'13562')
evt.get_start(), evt.get_end(), evt.get_rrule(), \
evt.get_rtype(), evt.get_until())
variables: {'evt.get_until': ('local', <bound method Event.get_until of <Event.Event instance at 0x41fad300>>), 'evt.get_rtype': ('local', <bound method Event.get_rtype of <Event.Event instance at 0x41fad300>>)}
File "/usr/share/erminig/Event.py", line 98, get_until(self=<Event.Event instance at 0x41fad300>)
# ??
return int(iso8601.parse(iso_date)) + 1
variables: {'int': ('builtin', <type 'int'>), 'iso8601.parse': ('global', <function parse at 0x41d398b0>), 'iso_date': ('local', '--::')}
File "/usr/share/erminig/iso8601.py", line 22, parse(s='--::')
if m is None or m.group() != s:
raise ValueError, "unknown or illegal ISO-8601 date format: " + `s`
gmt = __extract_date(m) + __extract_time(m) + (0, 0, 0)
variables: {'s': ('local', '--::'), 'ValueError': ('builtin', <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>)}
ValueError: unknown or illegal ISO-8601 date format: '--::'

Could somebody give me help, please?

Many thanks

Originally Posted by Pradorey View Post
I have the recent problem, that it is not working proberly since two days. I didn't change anything, but always ocurs the following message:

ValueError: unknown or illegal ISO-8601 date format: '--::'

Could somebody give me help, please?
known issue with recurring events...a fix is in the works (I was kinda busy the last 2 weeks, so no progress, but now it looks like that I have a few hours to spare to work on this.)

Originally Posted by abergon View Post
When I add the google account, Erminig assumes the domain name will be gmail.com, unless I am mistaken. When I insert the user name, I get an error message afterwards "Invalid username or password". And then I'm stuck.
Hmmm, ok.

Honestly I don't exactly know how those premier account work...

In fact Erminig does not make any assumption concerning the location of the calendar server: it's all up to the google-data library. All what Erminig does is to pass the username/password couple to the Google Library, which then takes care to contact the Google servers. At the moment I have no idea how those premier accounts are managed Google-side...I will investigate this issue...

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Trondheim, Norway
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Hmmm, ok.

Honestly I don't exactly know how those premier account work...

In fact Erminig does not make any assumption concerning the location of the calendar server: it's all up to the google-data library. All what Erminig does is to pass the username/password couple to the Google Library, which then takes care to contact the Google servers. At the moment I have no idea how those premier accounts are managed Google-side...I will investigate this issue...
I've been using erminig with both my standard gmail and premiere google apps account for a while. Works very good for me. Just use the full email address as username.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jahaugum For This Useful Post:
Thanks, that fixed it.

Albert

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hi I installed erminig (0.2.9) and looks like my icons are broken. Any hints what to do.

Also could you put that picture with buttons explanations to first post. After you have managed to hunt all major bugs it would be probably good to add feature that show user help image about buttons after install.

Great work! Now iīm going to test how it syncs

.edit
canīt sync :| Letīs reinstall + rm .erminig.db from home.

..edit
facepalm. Ok. This is known bug
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10351

..edit
Have to still say that app icon and working icon look quite blurred.

Last edited by slender; 2010-06-07 at 12:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I'm getting following error when syncing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt erminig_trace2.txt (4.1 KB, 124 views)

@slender: yes, the stack trace you posted is also a known bug, introduced with the recurring events support

I'm also taking note about the lacking documentation. Will definitely improve that!

For the blurry icons: never realized that it was *that* blurry. I'm probably packaging the wrong icon. Thank you for pointing that!

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization