Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
For a long time, fairly recently, I was changing my settings for kernel-config and something was changing them back to what I had before.

The giveaway was that after I changed my settings to something like the following:

MINFREQ=600
MAXFREQ=600
GOVERNOR=ONDEMAND

and so on

and I would set this as the DEFAULT setting

After I rebooted, the max and min settings would have changed, and the GOVERNOR setting would be back to CONSERVATIVE.

Now I KNEW that the CONSERVATIVE msetting was put there by the patches and CHANGED BACK TO THESE SETTINGS EVEN AFTER I SET THE DEFAULT NOT TO BE CONSERVATIVE GOVERNOR.

This happened to me MANY times. This even happened after I UNINSTALLED the battery patch/speed patch combination.

It is NOT happening to me now. I am positive that those settings were put back by something in the battery patch/speed patch programs.

I didn't mention it online because no real harm was done. But I am making this statement now because the maker of the patch seems to be claiming that nothing like this ever happened to anyone. It happened to me, and I NEVER ONCE voluntarily made that CONSERVATIVE setting because I remembered a discussion by Titan and others in the original overclocking thread that concluded that the conservative setting was NOT HELPFUL.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@geneven

hmm
well latest versions of batterypatch 8.0 =< are not using conservative anymore

maybe those problem you are talking about used to happen with older versions
tbh bp wasn't stable enough till version 7.5

however the newest ones are tested enough
please recheck and reply as fast as possible

but few points here
you can't set the max and the mix to the same value
it will load the min the one right before the max one ex : in your case 550 would be the min

and of course you get conservative back again (older versions) because bp uses it's own kernel-config settings
so editing them would be from /opt/batterypatch/profiles/overclock-new
or overclock-old (if using an old kernel 48 >=)
thanks

-------------------

@woody from kp thread

first thanks for your post woody

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I think you're being a little disingenuous here.
oh well i believe i've been angry a bit especially i saw what ed_boner posted right after a new explosion near my house

Current versions do not. Older versions did. We've already determined this is an older version. If it was installed in conjunction with SP, then really there are injections and the like. For all we know he could be using one of the script versions, from before there was even an installer package...
well here you messed up a bit
even older version of batterypatch didn't inject
it's speedpatch that does so

As for a "test" about BP, we have that test: We ask if someone has it installed. When dozens of people have issues with it, and the question at hand is about changes happening that are known to be caused by BP, a test is far from needed.
just the experience of what harry had .. proves that there's no way to determinate a result ..
and i meant a test for removing stuff

As you've noted multiple times in your own thread, sometimes it will take more than one reboot to "fix" issues around install/uninstall of BP. Also, if this version of BP is old enough to be using 125Mhz, it's probably also old enough to have uninstall issues as well (there were many versions that didn't clean up after themselves very well). Which means that even uninstalling it may not have cleaned it off his system.
it's speedpatch who need more than a reboot
not batterypatch

Last edited by karam; 2012-05-01 at 05:55.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by karam View Post
oh well i believe i've been angry a bit especially i saw what ed_boner posted right after a new explosion near my house
Understandable.

well here you messed up a bit
even older version of batterypatch didn't inject
it's speedpatch that does so
My comment wasn't as much about injection as it was about using 125Mhz (which was the context of the previous quote). BP was the only tool enabling/using 125Mhz, to my knowledge, since the early Titan kernels. Since he was seeing that frequency in use, it clearly indicated that part of BP remained on his system.

As for the test portion, I understand what you meant. But I don't think the onus should fall on the Kernel folks to develop a test to determine if your patches cleaned themselves up. If anything, that should be a goal you strive to meet as a project owner. As far at they are concerned, their test right now is "do/did you have BP/SP installed", and if so they're directed here to do a proper clean-up before further help is applied on their thread. To be fair, that attitude has developed because after removal most users haven't had to return to the KP thread for help, as the issue was resolved by removal. (There have been exceptions, and at least one actual kernel issue found because of side-effects, but they were in fact a tiny fraction of the cases.)

Hi karam,
I recently installed Kernel Power v50 and afterwards your Speed-Patch. (Until now I used only stock kernel and no speed patch.)
Before and after installation I did some test with photo viewer, contacts and browser windows.
I installed exactly as required incl. reboots, and the result is stunning.
Although I could not believe it, your patch works very well.
I read several postings claiming it just could not work on the single core OMAP chip of our N900, but I have to say: there is no doubt, multitasking and overall - it feels so much faster.
In one word, it feels as if it had much more RAM inserted!

I also looked into the subfolders of the cgroup folder, and found new integer-named files in user, but did not find new integer entries for other running apps. It remains mystical but it works!

i appriciate it
thank you
well nothing much just the last explosion destroyed every window of my house (still nothing much)
Also I want to thank you personally, it is great that you are in this community and on this world. In fact the world would be a better place if all people were as open and honest as you are.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm53 For This Useful Post:
if i install speedpatch and after few days of using if i remove it from app manager or terminal will it remove completely or some tweaks will still be there?

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@rm53
thank you for your post it makes me feel that am not spending time on for the community for nothing

@Mohammed Muid

yes it will be completely removed
but note that you MUST update to the latest versions and then remove them if you want
because
SP versions older than 4.0 are not getting removed completely (current latest is 4.0)
BP versions less than 7.5 are not as well (current latest is 8.2)

HI Karam after upgrading to the latest speedpatch and batterypatch i am experiencing juttering specially while playing music! When im listening to music and browsing or multitasking with few apps the music stutters i wasnt getting this on the previous version!
Can you help please!

@rm53
thank you for your post it makes me feel that am not spending time on for the community for nothing

@Mohammed Muid

yes it will be completely removed
but note that you MUST update to the latest versions and then remove them if you want
because
SP versions older than 4.0 are not getting removed completely (current latest is 4.0)
BP versions less than 7.5 are not as well (current latest is 8.2)
Hi Karma, first thank you so much for your contribution to this forum. I am used to using both speedpatch and batterypatch before. However, I had to remove the batterypatch due to its instability long ago. I think I did not uninstall it properly because my phone's xterm alwayls shows the min freq 125 MHz. Is there any way that I can set it to 500 MHz (or removing batterypatch completely)? Thanks again.

i dont know what is the matter with speedpatch. i installed the latest version running kp50. after i installed it i rebooted twice. then i used it for a day. suddenly while browsing my cell auto rebooted. but when it turned on no display showed up.my cell turned on but no display. there was a dark gray light on the screen. then i turned it off with the power button which proves that my cell was on. then i turned it on again. it worked for 30mins. suddnely it turned off aagain and same problem.auto reboot. this happened just after a day i installed speedpatch

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"but few points here
you can't set the max and the mix to the same value
it will load the min the one right before the max one ex : in your case 550 would be the min"

In fact, you CAN set the max and the min to the same value.

I know because I did it, and I haven't noticed any resulting problems.

Furthermore, if you read the original overclocking thread, you will see that someone (I think it was jakiman) ran lots of tests with max and min set the same.

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe