Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Currently I have no plan to add manual language selection settings, but there is a way for changing language for the Harmattan version, and I use this way for testing for other language without changing device language.

Simply add the argument
Code:
--lang=<language code>
when starting Tweetian. That means you will need to edit the exec line in .desktop file of Tweetian.

Last edited by dicksonleong8; 2013-01-04 at 09:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I usually use tweetian to read tweets as I'm not an active twitter user but today i tried switching between the tweets and mentions columns (I don't know if that's what its called but basically the 1st and 2nd tabs) and surprisingly the transition is very slow. From what I remember tweetian has always been the best and smoothest client so is there something I could do to rectify the slow transition?

I tried clearing the 2 caches in settings but to no avail...

Thanks!

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
Smooth on mine thedead

Originally Posted by ThraxZzz View Post
Smooth on mine thedead
Guess I need to reboot my phone then

Edit: Did a reboot and it seems to have improved slightly but maybe my memory is failing me but it used to be smoother; maybe is there a way to reduce the transition effect's time?

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-01-04 at 12:22.

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
try your luck

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Llagostera (Catalonia)
Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
Currently I have no plan to add manual language selection settings, but there is a way for changing language for the Harmattan version, and I use this way for testing for other language without changing device language.

Simply add the argument
Code:
--lang=<language code>
when starting Tweetian. That means you will need to edit the exec line in .desktop file of Tweetian.
For any user interested in a catalan transation :
Code:
--lang=ca
Works like a charm. Big thanks!

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by thedead1440
Originally Posted by ThraxZzz
Smooth on mine thedead
Guess I need to reboot my phone then

Edit: Did a reboot and it seems to have improved slightly but maybe my memory is failing me but it used to be smoother; maybe is there a way to reduce the transition effect's time?
It is very smooth on my device. Check if there is another process consuming lot of CPU load? The transition duration when switching column using the tab buttons above is 500ms.

By the way there is some bug when using the tab buttons above to switch columns, so I recommend to use the swipe gestues instead to switch column

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
dicksonleong8 Many thanks for on going support for the great twitter client keep up he amazing work that you do!!!

Oh goodness me, the swipe gesture indeed takes it to how I remembered it used to be

Thanks for the heads up dickson!

I use Tweetian and some of my tweets come from Russian devs, so I use the translation feature somewhat frequently. Since a couple of says ago, I have received the following error whenever I try to translate a tweet: "TranslateApiException: The Azure Marketplace Translation Subscription associated with the request credentials has a zero balance.:ID =3811.V2_Json.Translate.19A52E2B"

Any ideas on getting this resolved? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Hacker; 2013-03-10 at 19:17.