I just picked up a n810 for pretty cheap and am looking for some recommended or top picks for apps/games. I've come across a few I like and some I use daily in Linux. Vagalume, pidgin of course, Xournal, easyroot (helped me out already numptyphysics, maemo mapper, mplayer of course I couldn't live without. So what else can you guys recommend? TIA.

Games are a must on the NIT. I can play Crazy Parking and Icebreaker for hours(depending upon my battery life of course). I also use Canola for my media playing, Kmplayer for my tv playing, and MyPaint for my occasional doodling. OMweather is useful if you like desktop aplets. Easymenu and Simplelauncher are also cool apps. I'm sure other users can name frequently used apps.

Canola
password safe
Personal menu
Auto lock - a must have for N810 with case
Modest
Maemo recorder - for my baby talk recordings

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Tehran-Iran
Mplayer

Canola

But Thinking About A 64 GB !!!!

Os 2008 Chinook,I Have't Trust To Diablo!??

just using this for a month http://mytube.garage.maemo.org/

this is also a must have.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by plb View Post
I just picked up a n810 for pretty cheap and am looking for some recommended or top picks for apps/games. I've come across a few I like and some I use daily in Linux. Vagalume, pidgin of course, Xournal, easyroot (helped me out already numptyphysics, maemo mapper, mplayer of course I couldn't live without. So what else can you guys recommend? TIA.
Ello again :P

X-Chat is a must have for IRC. :P

The statusbar screenshot tool (I think's its called) is useful as you don't have to resort to xterm to kill a process.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hamburg, Germany
my personal device-pimping project at http://www.mojocafe.net

FBreader
AisleRiot Solitaire
emelFM2
Canola
Gene Cash PIM suite

Nobody mentioned MicroB yet

And FBReader, FBReader, FBReader..... Next to music and browsing on the NIT comes ebook reading!

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Vagalume (This, with BT tethering to 3G phone, and N800 plugged into AUX in car stereo, has replaced FM radio for drive to work!)
XWord (I love crossword puzzles!)
Modest (w/Gmail IMAP)
Maemo Mapper
Battle for Wesnoth!
Evince
FBReader

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson