Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
At the end of February/start of March I started working on aarch64/AOSP10 port for Sony Tama devices. During that time port progressed decently, I wrote tbuilder to automate the build process as OBS doesn't work (yet?) for aarch64 and now even tested 4.1.0.23 update via OTA for that port from 4.0.1.

Current issues of that new port are listed at https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-t...el%3Ahybris-10 .

In addition, see https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main/issues/21 - so Flatpak will not work in HW accelerated manner. Which. Is. Annoying.

In couple of days, I will try to switch my primary device to it and then can test it better.

Camera is better, but don't expect miracles. Flash is still not synced with the camera and according to Sony AOSP developers they just couldn't fix it. So, that will stay (aka - don't use flash).

Another aspect is the small selection of software with aarch64 / SFOS. But that will change in time, I guess.

Coming back to your question, first longer term vision: I would like to keep only one port. Not to have AOSP9 and AOSP10 to maintain. I would prefer to switch to AOSP10 to get better camera. Rather odd when you can't get a snapshot of something and have to ask someone else for it.

In short term, let's see what my test will reveal. 4.1. is not available at OBS yet and it will probably take weeks before it will. So, we have some time to think and discuss.

Note that new port => new flash

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Rinigus, that is great news! I closely followed the issues with hybris-10 and thus guessed that 4.1 will not be a simple OTA apdate. Infact, I appreciate your decision to go with aarch64 and leave the old ports behind.

For testing, I have an ugly XZ3 with burned-in screen and many marks over the body and display - but it is still running fine. So if you like me to do some testing, let me know. But please be aware that I am not a dev - I am not even able to compile and pack an image for flashing (unless I receive detailed instructions as how to do, maybe). I would, however, not mind risking to brick the phone (although I consider this very unlikely because so far recovering always worked).

The Following User Says Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
At the end of February/start of March I started working on aarch64/AOSP10 port for Sony Tama devices. During that time port progressed decently, I wrote tbuilder to automate the build process as OBS doesn't work (yet?) for aarch64 and now even tested 4.1.0.23 update via OTA for that port from 4.0.1.

Current issues of that new port are listed at https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-t...el%3Ahybris-10 .

In addition, see https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main/issues/21 - so Flatpak will not work in HW accelerated manner. Which. Is. Annoying.

In couple of days, I will try to switch my primary device to it and then can test it better.

Camera is better, but don't expect miracles. Flash is still not synced with the camera and according to Sony AOSP developers they just couldn't fix it. So, that will stay (aka - don't use flash).

Another aspect is the small selection of software with aarch64 / SFOS. But that will change in time, I guess.

Coming back to your question, first longer term vision: I would like to keep only one port. Not to have AOSP9 and AOSP10 to maintain. I would prefer to switch to AOSP10 to get better camera. Rather odd when you can't get a snapshot of something and have to ask someone else for it.

In short term, let's see what my test will reveal. 4.1. is not available at OBS yet and it will probably take weeks before it will. So, we have some time to think and discuss.

Note that new port => new flash
sorry - just a quick off-topic ... Do you have any insight into this - https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/stran...e-issue/6252/2 ?

Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
sorry - just a quick off-topic ... Do you have any insight into this - https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/stran...e-issue/6252/2 ?
Could it be like this?

Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
Could it be like this?
Seems like it could be... But the issue was fixed and closed, so theoretically I should have the fix integrated into my installation, unless I messed up that file somehow ... going to search through source ...

Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Seems like it could be... But the issue was fixed and closed, so theoretically I should have the fix integrated into my installation, unless I messed up that file somehow ... going to search through source ...
Check nemo-qml-plugin-systemsettings that you have installed. For 4.0.1 it should 0.5.73.tama-1.9.1.jolla

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@JoOppen, re testing: yes, that would be good. I will try to generate few images for testing, let's see if I get enough time for it this weekend.

Check nemo-qml-plugin-systemsettings that you have installed. For 4.0.1 it should 0.5.73.tama-1.9.1.jolla
checked ...
Attached Images

(please submit the logs using txt, not screenshots)

looks like you have correct settings plugin. Why would local storage show up as mounted partition, I don't know. Any apps or patches you installed in that timeframe? Which app did you use to see those partitions?

(please submit the logs using txt, not screenshots)

looks like you have correct settings plugin. Why would local storage show up as mounted partition, I don't know. Any apps or patches you installed in that timeframe? Which app did you use to see those partitions?
There's definitely lots of things I've done that could have caused it - I'm not thinking the rim/firmware is to blame. I jist wondered if anyone might have insight as to what to look into.
It pretty much shows up the same on any app, and in terminal 'ls' for both /media/sdcard and /run/media/nemo.
The strange thing is that all of those partitions are actually mounted there. If I umount, for example, then the entries go away, but then those partitions are inaccessible. I probably messed up something while messing around with mount command...