Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
basically just a (temporary ?) workaround for features lacking in the platform (Sailfish OS) they are trying to develop.
Very nearly all patches are "I don't like new thing here is old thing again". They will never become part of the OS and people should stop investing so much time in things that inevitably break everything every single update. An exception is pichlo's character count (which implemented something missing, rather than replace the new version of x with the old version of x, and is now no longer needed because the feature has at last been added), and I think that's about it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Thanks for the compliment but I would not necessarily agree that "nearly all" patches are about returning old things. I have currently (2.0.2.48) 17 patches installed. 6 of those are "return old x". Further 5 are of a questionable character that I doubt Jolla would be very keen to implement (disable volume warning, hide tutorial icon, free rotate...). The rest are about adding missing functionality (go to date in calendar, device lock faith text, maze lock...). If I count it correctly, the split is about equal among the three groups. Though I agree that 2/3 are of a kind that Jolla will never agree to incorporate into the mainstream.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
1/3 is nuff (it seems to me)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
IMO, this patching thing has gone too far. On both sides.
And I'm fine with what community does, after all, we like "open". But also some UI design decision on Jolla side is beyond me.
Why do we have to go to events view first to be able to pull down various switches? Most of them I use a LOT more often than I switch ambiance.
Recent contacts in People? WTF? We have that in Phone already. But we don't have a dialer in phone. For a most basic feature I need pulley menu.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
IMO, this patching thing has gone too far. On both sides.
And I'm fine with what community does, after all, we like "open". But also some UI design decision on Jolla side is beyond me.
Why do we have to go to events view first to be able to pull down various switches? Most of them I use a LOT more often than I switch ambiance.
Recent contacts in People? WTF? We have that in Phone already. But we don't have a dialer in phone. For a most basic feature I need pulley menu.
I think they'll change those things eventually. A whole bunch of pulley menus which had only one or two items, and almost nothing on the screen with the pulley menu, have been changed to simple buttons already, for example in the data counters in Settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
I really hope so. Minimalism is fine but I still prefer functionality over form.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Hi @all...
I could need some real help here. I tried to upgrade to 2.0.2.48 and now stuck with jolla logo. All I can access is recovery menu.

I'm now trying to repair my packages with zypper from within chrooted rootfs but somehow the package 'libgpg-error' got removed by 'version --dup' before this happend.
And now the ssu plugin needed by zypper doesn't work without libgpg-error.so.0 library.

Can somehow probably provide me a link to the rpm, please? I'm guessing libgpg-error-1.10-1.1.3.armv7hl should be the right name.
but all my wget trial and errors for the proper url didn't work.

'zypper info libgpg-error' says
Repo: jolla
Name: libgpg-error
Version: 1.10-1.1.3
Vendor:meego

if this is of any help

My sailfish version is still 2.0.1.11 so I guess the package should be somewhere in https://releases.jolla.com/releases/...jolla/armv7hl/ shouldn't it?

Thanks in advance,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2016-08-05 at 20:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Ok, I finally managed to get libgpg and found out that ssu re is already set to 2.0.2.48.

'zypper update' now only wants to update another 6 packages which I cannot download:
Code:
as-daemon feature-eas feature-xt9 gstreamer0.10-omx jolla-recovery-sbj sbj-version
here's the list of the missing packages:
Code:
repo=adaptation1

gstreamer0.10-omx-0.1.0-10.9.6.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
jolla-recovery-sbj-0.3.1-10.10.7.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
sbj-version-1.0.0-10.6.17.jolla.armv7hl.rpm

repo=eas

as-daemon-0.8.17-10.33.39.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
feature-eas-0.0.10-10.9.11.jolla.armv7hl.rpm

repo=xt9

feature-xt9-0.0.4-10.4.11.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
The main reason I cannot download from chrooted rootfs seems to be missing store credentials and dbus issues. (when trying to 'ssu ur' or similar I always get 'DBus call failed, falling back to libssu')

Code:
[eas|plugin:ssu?repo=eas] Can't provide file './armv7hl/as-daemon-0.8.17-10.33.39.jolla.armv7hl.rpm' from repository 'eas'
History:
 - Store credentials not received. Not connected to D-Bus server
 - Can't provide ./armv7hl/as-daemon-0.8.17-10.33.39.jolla.armv7hl.rpm

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): i
Can someone possibly provide those 6 packages, please?
Or help to debug this further...

Regards,

J4ZZ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Up and running again. A few zypper updates seem to have fixed it, even without the 6 missing packages.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Netherlands
Can anybody help me installing python on 2.0.2.48.

I tried the standard install through terminal:
pkcon install python
pkcon install python3-base

But it looks like those are not available for this Sailfish version yet. Since I get a message that the packages cannot be found Can I get them from anywhere else?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to bertjefred For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, jolla, sailfishos, sfo update, sfos2, update