Active Topics

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by dont View Post
You are right even though you said so in bold letters.
Actually I have edited the post later since people may indeed miss that but still the installation dialog tells you so. And it is not needed to reflash and reinstall due to that, just reboot at least once as soon as possible. Chances are low that some file really got corrupted after few minutes of browsing.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
I only ever set foot on ITT with my tablet using Mobile mode.
I know this is OT, but I simply cannot get past the first page of ITT in oder to set my style preference. Is there a way to specify mobile style without going through the first page?

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
The fix lives in rootfs so if you boot more systems (from MMC) this must be installed in each system.

You don't need this for N800 and up and you also don't need it if you installed recent hacker edition (whole image or just initfs).
Fanoush,

I have the initfs from the new Hacker Edition, but it's patched with the boot menu from your site. Do I still have the updated driver? dmesg reports I'm running driver version 0.8.

With the new HE, it's installed in the initfs, but the patch you list goes into the rootfs? Is that right?

Thanks for your help,
-Jonathan

Last edited by bokubob; 2007-11-17 at 04:45.

Originally Posted by bokubob View Post
I have the initfs from the new Hacker Edition, but it's patched with the boot menu from your site. Do I still have the updated driver? dmesg reports I'm running driver version 0.8.
Yes, most probably you still have it. Current HE has a bit older fix fom bugzilla which still have old version number.
Originally Posted by bokubob View Post
With the new HE, it's installed in the initfs, but the patch you list goes into the rootfs? Is that right?
Yes. It is easier to make package that puts it to rootfs. Reflashing initfs from installable deb package is not worth the trouble.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Wow. This fix has definitely had a huge impact. Thanks

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
thanks! I installed as soon as I read this. I've not had my 770 too long so wasn't aware of problems, but am very please people are still supporting it.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
does this fix work on 2007HE (not the latest one) as I experienced a lot of troubles with newest HE and reflashed the earlier HE version?

Originally Posted by mrp View Post
does this fix work on 2007HE (not the latest one)
Yes it works. As for latest HE - the person responsible knows about some issues so there may be new fixed one soon.

Hmm... I am unsuccessfully trying to install this hotfix after fresh re-flashing Fanoush's image with the mms speed fix (zImage-yuv420). I am booting my os2006 from the mms card. But attempting to install the hotfix using the Application Manager gives a completely uninformative error: "Unable to install cx3110x-hotfix-bug2006."
Am I missing anything? Are the memory fix and the mms patch incompatible for some reason?
(I must say, I'm pretty happy with the os2006 for now and don't want to jump to the os2007HE quite yet.)
Thanks in advance for any help,
Kircho

Originally Posted by kircho View Post
Am I missing anything? Are the memory fix and the mms patch incompatible for some reason?
No, they are not related.

You may try to re-download (try both links). Maybe even do it via PC and copy it to card since wi-fi is not 100% reliable without the bug fixed.

File size is 29666 bytes, md5sum is 7c8b12623ba0f74d096f214ecc44d167

Last edited by fanoush; 2007-11-20 at 13:18. Reason: 0.2 md5sum