Active Topics

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Yes it works. As for latest HE - the person responsible knows about some issues so there may be new fixed one soon.
Can I flash your high speed kernel after bug fix on HE2007?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
Can I flash your high speed kernel after bug fix on HE2007?
Yes, this bug fix is not in kernel file.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Downloading the patch onto my laptop and transferring it to the N770 via USB did the trick.
Thanks a lot for the help!

Great work. You guys deserve a round of free drinks for this.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ SF, CA
Can we make this a stickie. I have a 770 and never knew about this. We still need to do this, right? the newest version of OS 2006 still has this bug?

Edit: feeling foolish cause I didn't even look to see if it was already a sticky. sorry. thanks for the answer too.

Last edited by nosam; 2007-12-12 at 18:13.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Umm, it IS stickie since the beginning :-) And yes it is needed for latest OS2006. Nokia closed official firmware development long time ago. They fixed it only in Hacker Edition.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

This Apple/AirPort/770 user gives his sincere thanks for this

hi,
Got this finally working. Too bad it is almost useless now, we needed it years ago ;-) What is tearsync? It is feature of omapfb driver that allows video playback without tearing effect. This feature is enabled in N8x0 kernel but never was part of Nokia 770 2.6.16 kernel shipped with any firmware. Luckily when first N800 2.6.18 kernel was released there was tearsync support added also in drivers for 770! All that was needed was to backport it to 2.6.16 kernel, right? Well, no. I did but it didn't work.

Only recently I've seen some strange issues with N800's MMC slot when going back to OS2007 and become aware of 'pin multiplexing' issue. Many pins of OMAP chip can be configured in software to have specific signal routed to it and this setting is done in bootloader. So maybe TE pin was simply not enabled? Too bad that any recent OMAP1 datasheet I could find had SoSSI documentation missing. Then I found in Google cache this text "revision D changes: ... removed all references to: ... Specially Optimized Screen Interface (SoSSI) ... deleted SoSSI function from the signal names with the following ball numbers ...". So after additional bit of googling (thanks Serge) and figuring out what all this means the answer is "ball G20, register 4, value 6, offset 6".

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Cincy,Ohio
Thanks! This may fix my reboot issue.

Worked for me too, thanks for all the info.