Active Topics

Hi guys ,

i was wondering if theres any way to record the radio waves coming from my car lock remote control and regenerate them via n900 ?

if would be cool to have a desktop applet to lock/unlock ur car !!!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This was already discussed at length somewhere on this site. I don't remember where, unfortunately.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
with the IR transmitter its impossible.
but if you connect your car electrics with a bluetooth transmitter/reciever and a special app for that it should work.

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
A thread about this from a while ago is here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58257

TL : DR: You won't be able to unlock the car's built-in remote unlock system. To get any form of remote unlock via your phone, youll basically need to fit extra hardware in the car thatll talk to your phone and manually activate your locks, separately from the car's own locking system.

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Carolina, USA
This would be so cool! If we could also start and drive the car from our N900 that would be awesome.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by davbost View Post
This would be so cool! If we could also start and drive the car from our N900 that would be awesome.
like knight rider?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Originally Posted by davbost View Post
Dude if u see my car ... it's just that i can barly drive it , not talking about a machine

guys the remote lock at my car i bought is some shi*** cheap one for 20$ i don't think there's any PROTECTION or ENCRYPTION

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Cmiiw, but i think those wireless locks already implement asymetric protection scheme, so u need to duplicate the electronic key mechanism portion; not just record and replay the same signal again and again.
Am a programmer nothing more , so just tell me how to get the frequencies and i'll do the rest

i tried recording the IR signal of a citroen ax's remote control using my casio watch and it worked and i was able to open the car without keys..just the watch