Notices

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by naturegodtm View Post
how do u develp the driver? assembyly code?? programing language?? could u plz tell me?
First I haven't developed a new driver. It is still the normal wl1251 driver included within the Linux kernel. Like most of the Linux kernel, also the wl1251 driver is written in C.

Originally Posted by arnoldux View Post
it would be AWESOME if you could develop inyection drivers for the most recent kernel power, i am currencly using the inyection ones from neopwn and i had to install neopwn, dont want that i wanna use my mmc for other things like nitdroid lol
Of course, the latest power kernel will be supported.
I will include a new modified power kernel, when I publish the driver. After that the required changes will hopefully be incorporated into the power kernel itself, so we don't need modified power kernels in the future. (To not confuse people: that doesn't mean power kernel will support packet injection "out-of-the-box", it only means that the power kernel should then be compatible with compat-wireless)

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to lxp For This Useful Post:
Hi, i don't know if this is the correct place to ask this.

I've been trying to compile rtl8187.ko (r8187) for N900 and kernel-power v46... (Thanx to h-e-n)

Ok got it compiled but ...

ieee80211_crypt-rtl.ko
ieee80211_crypt_wep-rtl.ko
ieee80211_crypt_tkip-rtl.ko
ieee80211_crypt_ccmp-rtl.ko
ieee80211-rtl.ko
insmoded ok

but r8187.ko fails to insmod
insmod: error inserting 'r8187.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

I'm using this source http://dl.aircrack-ng.org/drivers/rt...ux_26.1010.zip

Can someone try to compile with scratchbox?

That is your third cross-post for this issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:
Sorry for that, i´ve been researching threats about this issue, and it seems to be lost in space.
I suppose im starting to get desperate.

Just bumping this thread...
Any updates for the modified drivers release?

Another bump only for this post.
Originally Posted by lxp View Post
I just want to give some updates regarding the packet injection driver:

I will definitively publish the patches on my own, because Neopwn hasn't answered my mails even one week after the deadline I set.

I am currently working on fixing a bug with managed/station mode. I have already invested much time into debugging this bug, but I still need some time to get the optimal workaround. (It seems to be a firmware issue.)
After I have fixed the bug I will forward-port the patches onto the current wireless-testing tree and do some testing with the current power kernel. Right before testing I also have to update my phone to PR1.3. (Still had no time to do that)

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Austria
Another update regarding the packet injection driver:

It seems that I finally found the firmware issue causing the bug in managed/station mode. It wasn't too easy to figure this out due to the closed-source firmware, but I found a workaround.
Today I have successfully verified it at various locations and now I am continuing with upgrading my phone to PR1.3 and forward-porting the patches to current wireless-testing.
If nothing went wrong I may release the driver before Christmas.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to lxp For This Useful Post:
*Cheers* lol You made my day lxp! ^_^

Gents,

Is there a repo I need to add to see the wireless-testing tree?

Thanks!
houz

No. Patches are going upstream and will get backported by the required people. Please wait until the kernel is released publicly, and any accompanying drivers can be compiled and provided.