Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Native client for the official Formula 1 Live Timing service.

Download free from here: http://rainisto.com/livef1/

The official Formula 1 website includes a Java client, which during races, qualifying, and practice sessions, displays the Live Timing information from the race track.

Live F1 is a native Linux client for viewing the same Live Timing feed without the need for a Java-enabled web browser. A free user account on formula1.com is still required to use this application.

Version history and roadmap:

v1.0.0 Initial release to ovi store
- Known bugs: only works if you have enabled developer mode.

v1.0.1 Bug fix update to ovi store
- Fixes the depency problem so developer mode is not needed.
- Adds https vs http login methods for the situations where one server is unresponsive.

v1.0.2 Improved background network connectivity [Current version]

v1.0.3 Starting to see if commentary stream or disable screensaver can be added.
Attached Images

Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-05-13 at 12:26.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Nice application! Only I don't like the icon Thinking of changing it.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
can add motogp too? Just asking,

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Nice application! Only I don't like the icon Thinking of changing it.
Well yes, official F1 logo is copyright&trademarked, so I couldn't use that in the icon, so I just made a simple one where you can clearly see whats the app name.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Well yes, official F1 logo is copyright&trademarked, so I couldn't use that in the icon, so I just made a simple one where you can clearly see whats the app name.
This Icon is very ok and who cares about icons? Everyone can make better and suitable for own taste...?

Live-F1 is working Great and really have first "test" next weekend!

And I'll hope that F1-federation (or what ever + elop) don't interest too much about this... This is _only_ live-timing software for Nokia phones in Store? So shhhhh... (They will change systems and/or block out this... Funny, only abandoned get needed software etc...)

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

For some reason I cannot login although I have 2 account on www.formula1.com and there I can check in without problem.
I have reloaded Live F1 a couple of times without any improvement.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@rainisto
Yes, I know buddy
Just mentioned it. And icon is so easily replaceable
Great utility to have for all F1 fans!

Any chance of getting the F1 2012 app to work on the N9? I don't know the logisitics of it, but if it's possible there's a big donation in it for you Thanks

Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Any chance of getting the F1 2012 app to work on the N9? I don't know the logisitics of it, but if it's possible there's a big donation in it for you Thanks
No chance atleast from me. F1 2012 apps IPR is owned by Soft Pauer’s, so either you ask them to port their application to N9, or try to use their Android application through Nitdroid.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-05-07 at 06:55.

"Disappointing!(Zero-Star)
Arvostelija: ltbalogun, laite: Nokia N9 1 päivä sitten

There's a notice on the single Matrix-like page that the software is free. Why then is it being sold??? Don't buy or you'll be disappointed. Rather, use N9's Mozilla Firefox (it's Java-enabled & FREE) to view same page free on formula1.com."

BS! - Someone should answer to Store that this person is not telling the truth... I allready gave my 5 Stars and cannot add comment...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech