Active Topics

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Is there a unified forum like talk.android? I wouldn't mind it becoming my regular.
good luck !

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Now, this thread starting to be intressting.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Ahhh, now it is official as in real fact, the truth, the real thing, no speculations or rumours:

http://www.nokia.no/finn-produkter/produkter

My brand new E6 is nice and all buuuuut...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
As for finding out more about it and contributing... Maybe it's time you took some of your own advice and stopped trying to criticize me for pointing things out and trying to get a good reason to even consider it. Give me a reason to like it. How about you contribute by asking more questions and pointing out what you like and don't like, and stop picking on me for trying to probe for COMPETENT and COMPELLING features from what this device is supposed to be. So far, it doesn't impress and it doesn't compete very well with other devices out there--even compared to its "predecessor" the N900, except for maybe the AMOLED screen, and I'm seeing fewer reasons to like it.
You think I & others haven't tried already?
I didn't get any counter-points when I argued against some of the things you highlighted.*
Frankly I'm glad I didn't, as I really CBF'd getting into such a time-wasting exercise

You have a massive grudge w/Nokia, you've made that clear, so you'll never give-it-up.
There's no convincing you otherwise, so I'm not going to try any more.
So you win... Nokia and the N9 sux, debate over... yay
Feel free to continue with the "hate-fest" as much as you want.

Most of us will just wait for the "dribs & drabs" of facts as they come in.
Unhindered by some kind of hate crusade or political agenda
We'll make our judgements once we have the device & can compare it to other gear.
Or we'll wait for someone else to do the comparisons for us.

Don't take any of this personally, I just CBF'd continuing with such a pointless debate.

*just one example.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-06 at 20:00.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by vegas27 View Post
man all u do is just talk how bad nokia is how maemo sucks compare to android ! this is talk.maemo.org not talk.andorid so quit trolling
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Why would anybody care if you like it
You don't have to care. In fact, feel free to make it as unattractive to me as possible. I'm pretty sure that's pretty much all you're able to do with such convincing conversation points like these. Please, go ahead and continue to repeat how bad Maemo is. Sadly, I was looking for progress but I'm not seeing it when you just confirm the negative impressions.

Originally Posted by NOMOS View Post
Can you now please stop trying to make this thread be about you and just get on with it?
Until the forum says you have to own one of these devices or that you have to agree to positively love Nokia's devices or platforms, I will probably continue to participate until I've lost all hope for the Maemo/MeeGo platform (as utterly bleak as it's become lately). Iif you don't like reading what I write, then please put on your blinders and live in your blissful ignorance of opposing opinions.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
I will probably continue to participate until I've lost all hope for the Maemo/MeeGo platform (as utterly bleak as it's become lately). Iif you don't like reading what I write, then please put on your blinders and live in your blissful ignorance of opposing opinions.
YOU still have hope ? Lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scapegoat845 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vegas27 View Post
good luck !
I can like both platforms, can't I? I realise the strengths and weaknesses of both.

I'd just like a populated forum with general Android discussion. Modaco is dandy for specific Vega discussion, but lacks certain discussion of general Android applications.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Until the forum says you have to own one of these devices or that you have to agree to positively love Nokia's devices or platforms, I will probably continue to participate until I've lost all hope for the Maemo/MeeGo platform (as utterly bleak as it's become lately). Iif you don't like reading what I write, then please put on your blinders and live in your blissful ignorance of opposing opinions.
Did you even read what I wrote? You are highly welcome to discuss and dislike the device, obviously, but it seems you don't really want to discuss it, just repeat your own disappointment, which really does not further the discussion, does not tell us anything new, nor do your points add anything else, since you are repeating yourself, continuously.

Few questions:
1 Is there any thing that you do like about the N9?
2 Can you imagine that people that just want Fb, twitter, Skype, maps a webbrowser and a sleek interface be happy with this device? (I can)
3 What if real MeeGo iso Harmattan would run on the N9, due to the community, would you like it any better?
4 Are you of the opinion that the raw specs of e.g. the Galaxy S2 would mean that users should steer clear of the N9, even if the UI and apps were to perform perfectly fine on the device?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NOMOS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
YOU still have hope ? Lol
As thin as a sliver as that hope has become, it's still there. Nokia COULD fire Elop, it COULD re-focus its direction and it MIGHT renew its interest in, what I consider to be it's truly last hope, MeeGo. I remain here to watch and wait with abated breath, although I strongly suspect I'll turn blue and die before that happens. I'll just wait and see, then.

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
I can like both platforms, can't I? I realise the strengths and weaknesses of both.

I'd just like a populated forum with general Android discussion. Modaco is dandy for specific Vega discussion, but lacks certain discussion of general Android applications.
Thank you, ye of like mind. Just because I don't like what Nokia is doing and has released, doesn't mean I dislike what they HAD and still COULD HAVE. I just think they're pissing all over their brand and what their engineers had worked so hard to design and create. Likewise, I don't think it's fair to themselves and to their customers to pretend that Nokia makes the best things ever and to stop competing. Especially in the face of customer opinion and market share that speaks otherwise. I would LIKE to see Nokia ask their customers more questions and find out why they would consider competing products or why they stopped buying Nokia, but I get the sense that they believe they know better than their own customers. This hubris is part of their problem.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
N9 and Meego Harmattan is pissing on Android, Wp7 and IOS thats why Android geeks is affraid now.

Btw I heard Elop/Ballmer is pissing in they'r painties every night cause theyr are affraid getting fired.

Meego Harmattan RULES

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????