I had a similar problem to OP (with Gmail set to retrieve every 20 minutes) ... BUT

Gmail wasn't the problem. I turned off 3G, uninstalled Battery Icon and stopped some sort of indexing (found in another thread). THAT fixed the problem (one of those three or a combination) - down to 8-20 mAh idle and I can use the phone a whole day without having to recharge.

Do you have Battery Icon installed?

I think you mean this

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I have found that after having high idle usage.

I searched and found a command that disabled SmartSearch from doing its CPU consuming rubbish, here is the command, it may help

Code:
devel-su
rootme
chmod -x /usr/bin/smartsearch
/sbin/reboot
Your device will reboot and then play around and check out if your Idle decreases, it has dramatically descreased my Idle usage, from 50-60mA to 14-23mA

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Name:  nep-2012.08.17-11.00.jpg
Views: 1670
Size:  16.0 KB

Referring to the picture above, I wonder if it's normal to observe this periodic peaking as high as 180 mA during when idling under 3G connection. I can't seemed to trace the cause of this unless it's FasterN9 that we are talking about.

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Attachment 27958

Referring to the picture above, I wonder if it's normal to observe this periodic peaking as high as 180 mA during when idling under 3G connection. I can't seemed to trace the cause of this unless it's FasterN9 that we are talking about.
Can we adjust a config file to create a log that would show which program(s) are causing the battery drain?

Originally Posted by mikozee View Post
I experience unusual battery drain caused by the sync services (40% of total 100% cpu background). And I have done everything except reformat which I am really not willing to. I only experienced this problem this week and its so unusual since I have NOT installed or updated the software recently (last I remember was 3 weeks ago).

My battery consumption averages from 192mah to around 320mah. This of course translates a standby time of 4-6 hours. I love my N9 and I am getting a second one soon but I really cannot deal with this problem.

Take note I disabled inter connection to experiment if this 3g or wifi is causing the problem but the difference is about 20-40mah in consumption.

Please help me!

This might not help, but try putting the phone on power saver mode throughout. You will need to connect to ur 3G network, WiFi manually the first time, but the phone seems so much faster, and is able to hold charge for much much longer!!! And its also super slick and smooth...

Last edited by pkartik@gmail.com; 2012-09-11 at 03:44.