Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
P.S.
About iPhone... [JOKE]The stupidiest idea is that it accepts all policies even if some of them are not supported by the phone :-D [/JOKE] Or an oposite option is that iPhone supports all security policies.
Yes, my friends iPhone seems to have reported that it accepted all policies .

Unfortunately the server is out of my control, and you are right it does not accept Non-Provionable device.

I would be interested to know what your collegues can inform us about these policies. To me "requireStorageCardEncryption" could possible be made to work like iPhone and always return yes, after all if there is no storage card, there is nothing to enforce

Regarding "requireDeviceEncryption" I thought N9 could support this, but maybe it is my mistake and this is really unsupported?

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Yes, my friends iPhone seems to have reported that it accepted all policies .

Unfortunately the server is out of my control, and you are right it does not accept Non-Provionable device.

I would be interested to know what your collegues can inform us about these policies. To me "requireStorageCardEncryption" could possible be made to work like iPhone and always return yes, after all if there is no storage card, there is nothing to enforce

Regarding "requireDeviceEncryption" I thought N9 could support this, but maybe it is my mistake and this is really unsupported?
Hmm, actually it is a good question. Perhaps we should change supported/unsupported policies. I'll talk about it with the appropriate person(s) and maybe it could be changed in PR1.3.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Can you check the logs, perhaps you got some kind of a error in your IDLE connection (just search "IDLE" word in the logs). In case of any error with that connection account's sync scheduling might be moved to 15 mins interval until first successful sync.
Thanks for the reply.
I have found the following. Is that something that will help us out?

Code:
[1294] Feb 15 15:43:00 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: An IMAP IDLE related error occurred.
[1294] Feb 15 15:43:30 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: IMAP IDLE error recovery trying to establish IDLE state now. 
[1294] Feb 15 16:40:03 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: IMAP IDLE error recovery detected that the primary connection is busy. Retrying to establish IDLE state in 30 seconds. 
[1294] Feb 15 16:40:33 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: IMAP IDLE error recovery detected that the primary connection is busy. Retrying to establish IDLE state in 60 seconds. 
[1294] Feb 15 17:04:58 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: An IMAP IDLE related error occurred.
[1294] Feb 15 17:05:28 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: IMAP IDLE error recovery trying to establish IDLE state now.
I like to create an account, if someone can test it.

I have yet to find also the following. I do not know if it related to it:

Code:
[1299] Feb 13 00:29:48 [Debug] ../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 173 checkConnection 
[1299] Feb 13 00:29:48 [Error] no requests to be canceled

Last edited by salaj; 2012-02-16 at 20:16.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
I believe there are no news on why 3g connection simply disappears and then I cannot connect to my email or websites right?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ecuador
Hi,

I have a problem with the gmail account or MfE, I have tried to sync my email in both, they work fine, I get my email immediately, the only issue is that when I read my emails on my pc, in the N9 the notification doesn't disappear. Is there a fix for this?

Originally Posted by salaj View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I have found the following. Is that something that will help us out?

Code:
[1294] Feb 15 15:43:00 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: An IMAP IDLE related error occurred.
[1294] Feb 15 15:43:30 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: IMAP IDLE error recovery trying to establish IDLE state now. 
[1294] Feb 15 16:40:03 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: IMAP IDLE error recovery detected that the primary connection is busy. Retrying to establish IDLE state in 30 seconds. 
[1294] Feb 15 16:40:33 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: IMAP IDLE error recovery detected that the primary connection is busy. Retrying to establish IDLE state in 60 seconds. 
[1294] Feb 15 17:04:58 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: An IMAP IDLE related error occurred.
[1294] Feb 15 17:05:28 [Debug] IMAP :  IDLE: IMAP IDLE error recovery trying to establish IDLE state now.
I like to create an account, if someone can test it.

I have yet to find also the following. I do not know if it related to it:

Code:
[1299] Feb 13 00:29:48 [Debug] ../../../lib/SignOn/authsessionimpl.cpp 173 checkConnection 
[1299] Feb 13 00:29:48 [Error] no requests to be canceled
Hmm, well the first part of logs means that something is wrong with IDLE connection (this connection is to get notifications from the server about new emails and so on). You can try to change your account settings on any other option for a 20-30 seconds and then turn on always-on mode again. That should be a temporary workaround (also you can try to call manual sync to recover the connection). The second error "no requests to be canceled" is not a problem Probably, always-on mode should work better in your case with PR1.2 and IIRC PR1.2 should be available soon for the users (it least I saw some posts about it in the internet ).

Originally Posted by marnuc View Post
Hi,

I have a problem with the gmail account or MfE, I have tried to sync my email in both, they work fine, I get my email immediately, the only issue is that when I read my emails on my pc, in the N9 the notification doesn't disappear. Is there a fix for this?
Unfortunately it is not fixed (yet).

Originally Posted by Cmitono View Post
I believe there are no news on why 3g connection simply disappears and then I cannot connect to my email or websites right?
can you answer on the question from my previous answer? Also it would be nice to get at least the errors from the logs, can you provide a bit more info about your issue?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
Hi Sergey, thanks for your reply!

I can't tell you if I'm using certificates to connect to internet... Anyways, following your advice I changed the settings to connection on background and email now syncs every 30 mins! Since I made this change my 3g connection icon has not disappeared from the connections menu as often as it did.

Now I've also added my wifi connection to automatic and everything seems to be working just fine!

I haven't changed my N9 to Developer's Mode yet, but as soon as I do so I'll post the errors (if they occur) ok?

Once again, thanks for the support!

=)

Hmm, well the first part of logs means that something is wrong with IDLE connection (this connection is to get notifications from the server about new emails and so on). You can try to change your account settings on any other option for a 20-30 seconds and then turn on always-on mode again...
Thanks Sergey,

I've already made​​, without result.
Besides my cellphone and an android that works with the same server is fine. Besides these works, the client perfectly with the server from gmx.de. Even with the server of web.de
I understand this correctly, it is repaired with PR1.2?

Originally Posted by Cmitono View Post
I haven't changed my N9 to Developer's Mode yet, but as soon as I do so I'll post the errors (if they occur) ok?
sure it is ok

Originally Posted by salaj View Post
Thanks Sergey,

I've already made​​, without result.
Besides my cellphone and an android that works with the same server is fine. Besides these works, the client perfectly with the server from gmx.de. Even with the server of web.de
I understand this correctly, it is repaired with PR1.2?
Probably it is fixed with PR1.2.

It seems MFE+gmail accounts are not able to synch "other calendars" (shared calendars) ? Is that a known bug/limitation ?

e.g: My wife is sharing with me her google calendar; I cannot see it on my N9 (PR1.1) ?!

The Following User Says Thank You to KTy For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950