Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Hi all,
sorry that I left thread for a quite long period of time, but I was a bit busy

Originally Posted by jefftb View Post
Sometimes via MFE into gmail, N9 will occasionally show an email as unread even though it is read.
Emm, yeah... This a Thread mode bug and IIRC it should be fixed in PR1.3.

Originally Posted by BW~Merlin View Post
So I am unable to change passwords for any of my accounts via terminal?
Yes.

Originally Posted by jefftb View Post
Point me request again.

I have three different from addresses that all run through my one google email account.

It would be wonderful to be able to specify any one of the three when composing an email on the 9.

Possible?
well, you can configure 3 different accounts and send emails via different accounts (with appropriate 'from' address). Yes, it's not the best idea, but still better than nothing.

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
My N9 almost never connects to the Hotmail smtp sever and about 80% of the time when it tries to, it gives me an error and asks me to re-enter my password. Anyone have a solution?
emm, probably this issue caused by vulnerability mentioned in comment 687.

Originally Posted by pcfe View Post
is there a way to manually disable XLIST for an IMAP account?
So, I've asked colleagues about it and the answer is - no, you can't disable it. Also QMF devs asked me to thank you for pointing on this, so... Thank you!

//--------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. I'm not working anymore in this project, so no new news from me about it.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Two questions I have around the email client.

1. I have noticed (perhaps after Pr1.2)) that there is now a limit on the size of attachments i can send via emali - which is 5MB.

2. When I send an email to an address not currently in my address book - is there an option (as in the N900) to save that email address as a new contact?

First one is more critical as sometimes you arent able to divide/break up the file and bluetooth isnt an option. I could use dropbox but why should i have to? my email client is configured to use my gmail account - which i think has a 20MB attachment limit?

Thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
1. I have noticed (perhaps after Pr1.2)) that there is now a limit on the size of attachments i can send via emali - which is 5MB.
Yeah, that limitation was added due to a few issues when user tries to send an email with big attachment via servers that got a limit on the email's size (like 5MBs ). You can change this setting easily. To change it you should add a line 'maxAttachmentSize=xxx' (where xxx is a size in MBs IIRC) in a 'General' section of the file /home/user/.config/Nokia/Fenix.conf.

So, it should looks like:

[General]
maxAttachmentSize=20

NOTE: maybe you'll need to restart the Fenix to apply new setting, but IIRC it should work fine without restart.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
2. When I send an email to an address not currently in my address book - is there an option (as in the N900) to save that email address as a new contact?
You can open Sent Items, open the email that you sent, click on a header (top part of the message viewer screen where it shows subject, recipients, etc.), then click on the recipient (from To field) and click "Save".

P.S. I have a small question to all of you. Should I add some "easy config" mode in MeMailSettings to add the ability to change some Email/MfE settings (like attachment size, etc.)? Can't promise that I would have a lot of free time to implement it

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2012-05-12 at 07:45.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
yes, please add an option to increase the attachment size!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milanjakob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Guernsey
Definetly would be good to have that sort of option in MeMailSettings. The choice of 5MB as default seems rather low for most servers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pepitoe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Yeah, that limitation was added due to a few issues when user tries to send an email with big attachment via servers that got a limit on the email's size (like 5MBs ). You can change this setting easily. To change it you should add a line 'maxAttachmentSize=xxx' (where xxx is a size in MBs IIRC) in a 'General' section of the file /home/user/.config/Nokia/Fenix.conf.

So, it should looks like:

[General]
maxAttachmentSize=20

Can someone explain exactly how to edit the config file. I can browse to it but I dont know how to edit. Thx.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by flexman View Post
Can someone explain exactly how to edit the config file. I can browse to it but I dont know how to edit. Thx.
copy it to your desktop then edit it in sublime text 2 or notepad for that matter. then copy it back to your phone. its that simple.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
copy it to your desktop then edit it in sublime text 2 or notepad for that matter. then copy it back to your phone. its that simple.
How to copy the f... thing? Using what? Can You access the file thru Terminal?

EDIT: Just moved to MyDocs, then to PC, edited with SublimeText 2, moved back to MyDocs and then to .config/Nokia.....

Last edited by Garrett_PL; 2012-05-26 at 00:09.

For the life of me I cannot get hotmail set up using Mail for exchange. I followed the instructions here but when ever it goes to syncronise I get an error message saying Invalid host address for Mail for Exchange server".

Hi, since the pr 1.1 my emails wont sync and sometimes my n9 forget skype passwords accounts (facebook, twitter its ok).

I really need my emails (imap an a server)!
I deleted the 2 accounts, rebooted the phone, created one account, but still not working!
Do i have to erase ALL the accounts in my phone (even non-email accounts like twitter...) ???

I dont want to reset my phone...
there is a solution?

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950