I installed the navicore personal 2007 on my nokia 770, when I try to launch it getting the following error msg "no memory card found, could not find memory card!" yet I have 1 GB kingston memory. any advise pls

you need the 2gb card with the navicore maps on it. you should have these on the card you installed it from.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Oxon, UK
Originally Posted by jay8378 View Post
you need the 2gb card with the navicore maps on it. you should have these on the card you installed it from.
Navicore comes with a 1gb card, so......

Have you updated your kernel to one of the MMC speed patched ones? Do you know if the card reads ok on the 770 if you have?

The maps and the latest software can be downloaded from Navicore and the application is newer than the latest version on CD in the Nokia pack, so worth getting.

http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer...t/en_GB/tablet

The maps there were newer than my maps on the latest CD too.

Directory structure on the MMC should be
/Navicore/mapdata_xxxxx/
Where xxxxx is the country/map name. Not sure if it find the maps if the structure isn't as above.

I was just wondering yesterday if navicore offered updates. Thanks

edit: hmm mine came with a 2gb. Maybe cause it is for the n800? i dunno.

Last edited by jay8378; 2007-08-25 at 12:38.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Oxon, UK
Originally Posted by jay8378 View Post
edit: hmm mine came with a 2gb. Maybe cause it is for the n800? i dunno.
That must be it. I've had 2 770's with Navicore and they've both been 1gb.

I did download the software from the navicore website, installtion seems to be fine, also my nokia reads the fine, I could see it through fine manager. I do have maemo mapper itstalled and its seems to be fine, but the only problem is that map is not very detail. my street is not listed on the map and its missing lots of major streets, I live in toronto, canada. I download the updated version from the maemo site.

i lost my navicore and my bluetooth connection on my nokiaa 770 can an one advise me how to get them back

Take care since all these devices use flash, they will die fast.