Active Topics

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ in states for now
There should be things included in the firmware such as:

(NOTE):If Nokia does not update their firmware resolved with one of these issues/new feautures in the next 3 months ,this should be taken to immediate consideration)

*Flash 10.1(I talked to adobe representative the other day and he said that nokia had received the source code for the n900 but it could not be changed until a firmware update)

*Much more optimized film/photo processing drivers for the camera
(n900 has an excellent camera,very good optics lenses etc,but the drivers are really not optmizied to perform well and show a "vivid" image as iphone 4;a phone with worse optics and no duel flash,because of better image processing)

*Potrait mode (Desktop widgets and icons should be adjusted to have a taller height and less width,for desktop panaroma)

*All dev's repositories should be included by default in the app manager(Devolopers should request their repositories to be put in the forums,thus equaling more population for apps,after all this is a open source driven device...)

*Application managers structure should be changed(Fast proccesing as in the community made app manager but as well an extra info button next to the app to show a screenshot and more info)

Updates::1280x720 progressive movie recording.
Higher buffer size ram and 2gb of virtual ram

Last edited by bayernhan; 2010-10-11 at 03:29.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bayernhan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
i like your idea, and yay flash 10.1 here we come( on pr1.3)

its kinda hard adding the extra repositoies but they shouldnt be activated...
they should just be there and not deleted. (because of root space)

Yeah... none of that is happening. Especially the dev repo one. That one would be pure chaos considering there is a reason why the apps are not in the extras repo in the first place.

Edit: Read that it's community update. Sorry thought you meant Nokia PR 1.3.

Well the Flash depends on whether it's accessible or not. But possible.

Camera, depends on how closed it is. I think Bless is doing a nice job though (I think that's the name of the app)

Portrait Mode. Not possible, hildon-desktop is coded for landscape usage (and closed I believe). The only way you'd see portrait mode in Maemo is if someone created an application that you use instead of the regular desktop.

Faster Application Manager: Check out the Faster Application Menu.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-07-09 at 23:47.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
OP you are dreaming !!!... it just will not happen.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ in states for now
thanks for the response, By community made app manager I meant the "Faster Application Menu" sorry,
Also I did use bless before It has some nice photo effects like hdr and extra zoom but not really quality optimizations or change in the camera drivers.Adobe labs devs were able to make a custom firmware to update to flash 10.1

Also "rotatedaemon" allows you to rotate your screen to all four possible sides. I know that the n900 is natively widescreen to give the computer feel but sometimes daily I am sure people just want to do a normal phone call without rotating back and forth the screen for a phone call etc.what I found out was that the desktop widgets were too much wide and not tall in size of the icons.If we can fix this there is no problem. I prefer landscape as many of you do on web browsing watching movies etc, but in a hurry its not very handy to do things quickly every 5 mins.

For abill_uk I am not dreaming we have a very strong community here and this phone is based on open source os.After some patience with nokia and if there are nothing updated ,then I beleive if we manage a small team well then we can accomplish this

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by bayernhan View Post
There should be things included in the firmware such as:

(NOTE:If Nokia does not update their firmware resolved with one of these issues/new feautures in the next 3 months ,this should be taken to immediate consideration)

*Flash 10.1(I talked to adobe representative the other day and he said that nokia had received the source code for the n900 but it could not be changed until a firmware update)

*Much more optimized film/photo processing drivers for the camera
(n900 has an excellent camera,very good optics lenses etc,but the drivers are really not optmizied to perform well and show a "vivid" image as iphone 4;a phone with worse optics and no duel flash,because of better image processing)

*Potrait mode (Desktop widgets and icons should be adjusted to have a taller height and less width,for desktop panaroma)

*All dev's repositories should be included by default in the app manager(Devolopers should request their repositories to be put in the forums,thus equaling more population for apps,after all this is a open source driven device...)

*Application managers structure should be changed(Fast proccesing as in the community made app manager but as well an extra info button next to the app to show a screenshot and more info)

*Fixed in MeeGo

Just be patient and wait for the port.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
*Fixed in MeeGo

But there's absolutely no guarantee it'll be a replacement for Maemo. If I'm not mistaken, Nokia seems to be very adamant about releasing ANY proprietary bits that would make the phone, etc functional..

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
*Fixed in MeeGo

What is it that makes it impossible for these things to work with Maemo? I don't particularly want to run MeeGo.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=bayernhan;746763

Also "rotatedaemon" allows you to rotate your screen to all four possible sides. I know that the n900 is natively widescreen to give the computer feel but sometimes daily I am sure people just want to do a normal phone call without rotating back and forth the screen for a phone call etc.what I found out was that the desktop widgets were too much wide and not tall in size of the icons.If we can fix this there is no problem. I prefer landscape as many of you do on web browsing watching movies etc, but in a hurry its not very handy to do things quickly every 5 mins.
[/QUOTE]

Eh, rotatedaemon wouldn't solve the problem (although it's a great app). The only thing it does to hildon-desktop is cause it to display half of it.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Flash is hard because adobe wont give it to us and neither will nokia ;-)