may I suggest a reflash as a number of people have indicated that they can use Yahoo, etc. on the 810/800 with Diablo.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ New York, NY
Aside flashing, anyone else have the fix.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Pacific NW
Hi Guys,

See what I mean, I am not crazy and no I am not the only one. I am so glad to hear (not really I feel for you guys) that you are facing similar problems.

I had no problem when I first got the N800, then I went on a trip, and it was useless I packed and frankly I haven't used it.
So I have done the following:
Uploaded upgrade to my current 2008 OS
typed user name and password to text document and pasted back
I entered yahoo url address fresh not from bookmarks
cleared cache and history on browser
able to login from Mac or XP (which points directly that is a Nokia issue)
Have unchecked "fit width to view"
I have tried to login from Nokia over 25 times am I that dumb to make so many mistakes in entering my login?
I have the same experience with all of my yahoo accounts
I have escalated my calls with Nokia to level 2 and the buck stopped there.

Out of frustration I just ordered a N810 I think I am going to refuse and send it back and maybe end up buying an Itouch

Have people given up, or did you all find a fix.

I'd suggest to contact Nokia and let them know, either they are on denial or no one has reported except me........

It's very obvious that this is not a Yahoo issue, but Nokia issue.

Otherwise, why am I successful login using any other appliance? Duh,

Also, I find it weird that I can surf the entire Yahoo, and any other sites including videos and w/o any problem so what gives.

The fact of the matter, is that Nokia has on record with most Nokia phones not being able to synch to their Yahoo accounts, and they put a fix but is only for phones.

We need to unite and put some pressure to Nokia

Take a look at this blog that was posted at S60, also check Nokia's forum

http://blogs.s60.com/2009/01/update-...okia-messaging

* Home
* S60 info
* S60 devices
* Applications
* My S60
* News
* Blogs

S60 Living
Users of S60
Previous
Back to main
Next
S60 Living:
permalinkbookmark
Update for Yahoo! Mail users of Nokia Messaging
Nokia Messaging - January 17th, 2009 - Written by Davis Fields

Hello,

I want to acknowledge the recent issue Yahoo Mail users are having with Nokia Messaging. In the past 24 hours, Nokia Messaging has been unable to connect to the Yahoo Mail servers, preventing users from sending or receiving email on any Yahoo Mail account.

We apologize for the outage, and have resolved the problem on our end. In our to restore syncing with your Yahoo Mail, follow these steps:

1. Log into email.nokia.com using your email address and password
2. Click ‘Edit Settings’ next to your Yahoo Mail address under My Email Address
3. Select change password, and enter your Yahoo Mail password and click ‘Save Changes’
4. Your emails should begin syncing shortly afterwards.

Thanks again for your patience. As always, please email nokiaemail [at] nokia.com with any comments you have, and continue to comment about Nokia Messaging around the internet - your feedback was critical in order to to quickly identify and resolve this issue.

-Davis Fields

Tags: Mail, messaging, Nokia, Yahoo

It's more than Yahoo. Can't log in to any website right now.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Have you tried restoring a back up from before this issue arose?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Jose Vargas:

How about some clues? You can't log into any online account. So, what happens -- you try to type in your name and the letters bounce off the computer?

You can't, for example, create an account at the New York Times or any newspaper?

Can you log into all these accounts on other computers and just not on the N800? Do you get an error message, or does it just not respond?

You are the only one I have ever seen reporting that you cannot log into any online account, except for users who can't get on the Internet at all. But you don't mention any Internet problems, it's just when you try to log into any account that you have a problem?

For any site I have an account, when I enter my credentials and click login, nothing happens.

>Jose Vargas:

>How about some clues? You can't log into any online account. So, >what happens -- you try to type in your name and the letters >bounce off the computer?

>You can't, for example, create an account at the New York Times >or any newspaper?

>Can you log into all these accounts on other computers and just >not on the N800? Do you get an error message, or does it just not >respond?

>You are the only one I have ever seen reporting that you cannot >log into any online account, except for users who can't get on the >Internet at all. But you don't mention any Internet problems, it's >just when you try to log into any account that you have a problem?

So, you can see the login page but nothing happens. It sounds like the Internet connectivity works.

Have you accidentally turned off Javascript in the browser?

Check the browser settings -- quite a few login pages use Javascript to make the login buttons active.

Tags
emails, yahoo