Notices

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Hey where can I find this so called "sygic voice packager"?
I've been trying to find this too - googleing it points to this thread!

No sign of anything like it on the Sygic site either.

Can someone clarify - when I can find it, can this tool be used to 'import' voices from TomTom (ie Darth Vader etc)? I sooo need this to scare the wife

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
can't find it anymore, too...

but to create your own voice (or import one from e.g. TomTom), use your sound recorder in windows or linux and save in .wav format then convert to .ogg format which is what sygic uses. Put your voices with the correct filename in sounds folder.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Can we make sygic warn about speedcams in all situations?

By default it does it only when you are running on a calculated route.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimmerit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
Hi Guys

I don't know how to say it, but is there any parameter that would increase map details.
What I mean is, sometimes I have nothing around on the amp and when I slow down, the details start to showing up. I want that details to be there even if I go much faster not only when I slow down or stop.

Thanks

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by bull81 View Post
Hi Guys

I don't know how to say it, but is there any parameter that would increase map details.
What I mean is, sometimes I have nothing around on the amp and when I slow down, the details start to showing up. I want that details to be there even if I go much faster not only when I slow down or stop.

Thanks
you can turn off the automatic zooming (based on velocity), but I don't know at the moment at which detail level it is fixed then...

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by joh View Post
You need to download the whole Res folder from your N900 and point SygicColors to that folder on your file system. (Have a backup copy of the folder before making any changes.)

I did not try to change icons, just colors and fonts. I was even able to add new fonts (just move ttf files into the fonts folder).

Changes occur mainly in the skin folder, only changed files must be copied back to the N900.

For editing: You simply have to try and test. The names of the colors etc. give a hint, what they are for. The tab "Application" is used while there has not been a GPS fix yet and for menu browsing, tab "Navigation" is used during turn-by-turn navigation etc., tab "Browse" probably when you browse the map (have not tested this).

Changing colors: Mark the name of the color and click (or double click?) on the white field between color and font names.

Changing fonts: Mark the name of the font and click on the button [...], mark the new font and click the [Change ...] button (cannot remember what exactly it is called).

By the way: There is no indication of the source of the software. The website mentioned inside SygicColors is off. You must put a lot of trust on this, that it does not do any harm. I had it running in a Virtual Machine only, that was reset after use.
Which color to select if you want to change 'the navigate to' - i can't almost not see the fonts - white fonts on a lightblue background. Thanks Peter

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
if anyone does go to the effort of redoing the voices PLEEEEEASE package and upload them for us to share, as much as i'd enjoy the novelty of some funny voices on my satnav i'm afraid i'm not that keen that i would go and reformat and rename them all individually.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

/usr/share/applications/hildon/sygic.desktop
is now
/usr/share/applications/hildon/smm10.desktop

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
/usr/share/applications/hildon/sygic.desktop
is now
/usr/share/applications/hildon/smm10.desktop
Thanks, came just at the right moment.

@zehjotkah: Could you please add this piece of information in the start post of this thread?

(The -rfull parameter is now default with SMM 10, ie. SMM 10 runs in full screen mode without task bar on top. If you want to switch easily between applications, you have to remove this parameter from the corresponding line of the .desktop file. Alternatively you can press the camera button each time you need access to the desktop. This opens the "open cover" message. After closing the message, the task manager is shown.)

Last edited by joh; 2010-08-11 at 08:29.

Originally Posted by peterdahl View Post
Which color to select if you want to change 'the navigate to' - i can't almost not see the fonts - white fonts on a lightblue background. Thanks Peter
Hi Peter,

I do not know. Long ago, I tried some changes without success. I have the same problem: The user interface has a lot of items that are illegible. I reported this to sygic, but it seems more people have to complain so that they hopefully provide an alternative skin. (The situation is not better in SMM 10.)