Yesterday, i installed android on my N900!

Isn't 100% fast, but i think is amazing, and the most important!! the music player works flawless, withouth slowdowns, and ramdon noises...

Maemo, needs an update... soon, very soon...

The Following User Says Thank You to rocky333 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rocky333 View Post

Isn't 100% fast, but i think is amazing, and the most important!! the music player works flawless, withouth slowdowns, and ramdon noises...

Meego you mean ?

The Following User Says Thank You to tirtawn For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Someone has made a mistake here ha. you installed WHAT?????.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Just... ANYTHING but Maemo. Android has proven itself to be better and constantly evolving to be better and better. MeeGo is brand spanking new and already seems to be lean and healthy. Maemo has been neglected by its parents for far too long and feels orphaned now.

Getting back to the OP, have you tried MeeGo yet to see how you feel about it, compared to Maemo?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Just... ANYTHING but Maemo. Android has proven itself to be better and constantly evolving to be better and better. MeeGo is brand spanking new and already seems to be lean and healthy. Maemo has been neglected by its parents for far too long and feels orphaned now.

Getting back to the OP, have you tried MeeGo yet to see how you feel about it, compared to Maemo?
Everyone is going crazy for this Gingerbread so i guess this is what he is on about but the problem is it don't work, too many hitches too many problems.

I WISH we did have Android but we don't at the moment.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Everyone is going crazy for this Gingerbread so i guess this is what he is on about but the problem is it don't work, too many hitches too many problems.

I WISH we did have Android but we don't at the moment.
But I thought the N900 ran more than one OS, including Android?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

rockbox works flawlessly on maemo

and you can still use your phone to make calls

The Following User Says Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
But I thought the N900 ran more than one OS, including Android?
At the moment only one OS works to a degree of worthability, Android Nitdroid MeeGo dont even get close the the Maemo OS.

A mixture of all 3 would be very futuristic but we can all dream i guess haha.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rocky333 View Post

Without slowdowns.
- So you have made same kind of setup with maemo and android?
-->Same kind of multitasking and compare how these players perform?

Random noises.
- Could you tell more about these. I haven't got them but in what kind of situations you have them on your N900?

And most importantly you are talking the default N900 media player? Or are you talking any other media player that you are able to run on your N900? Are you talking about default media player on Android or are you talking about any other media player?

Stupid questions? No. Just to make this debate little bit more scientific and comparable so that we can have any base for conversation and not traditional "I feel this" dick swinging.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:

Tags
just an idiot?, just shoot me, the unfanboi, try things out