Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Integrated client work with XMPP/Jabber (but receive only Chat, not Message .. from Psi peer). Unfortunately MUC support missed.
Working somebody on it? I try Qutim, but MUC-Join do nothing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
conference? it here, but no "Join chat" button in ui.
Code:
qdbus com.nokia.Messaging / com.nokia.MessagingIf.startConversation /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/gabble/jabber/coderusinbox_40gmail_2ecom0 talks@conference.qutim.org 2 0
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
conference? it here, but no "Join chat" button in ui.
Nice, I personally wanna see MUJI implemented, so that the Gtalk client can do video conferencing.

coderus: wow, hardcore

wow, working
only i have problem with brackets in account:
Working with nick@server account, but i want use nick(pda)@server account - offline.
Now i see: in account manager is nick(pda)@server definition, integrated client IS connected as nick(pda)@server, but telepathy show nick@server via "mc-tool list'.
4th parameter is existing account on N9 yes? Then if I use nick@server, is used nick(pda)@server properly as is defined.
Strange :-)

Last edited by Kaacz; 2012-03-14 at 18:12.

eh, it's clear.. i create account as nick@server, then after modify it to nick(pda)@server .. telepathy show some "created ID" of this ... it is OK.
Now, after clean-flesh, i create nick(pda)@server and mc-tools list show it properly...

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
This is really neat!

Is it possible to add the join button, or do we need to implement app for joining MUCs?

Really big bonus is that the MUC is left on the conversation view after you disconnect from the room. That way you only need use the commandline once per room

Last edited by Petteri; 2012-03-19 at 16:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Petteri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Yes, this is awesome. Maybe a quick single-input Python app could be made that joins the Jabber rooms for you.

Any updates on this?
I woud love to see an UI addition for this. Would it be possiblt to add this somewhere in the normal message/contact UI (@coderus)?

This way we could just launch an 2nd UI shipped with the app which lets you enter MUC rooms.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
messaging/conversations component is closed. i cannot add anything to it

i remember there is some paid app in store for joining jabber rooms using stock client. i have no idea why it paid.

Last edited by coderus; 2013-08-25 at 15:12.

Thanks for the fast reply! But an Extra UI callable from the apps would work! btw: Do you have any clue how they activated the hidden functions in Nokia Maps on N9 when this UI is probably also closed?