Preenv on the N9 would be awesome!

We already have a great emulator in the Ovi store currently so we know it's possible especially with the similarities of the N900 and N9.

Preenv might actually work better on the N9 because of multi-touch. All we need is someone interested to make it happen.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Well, if the dependency failures upon attemping to install the N900's preenv .deb file are any indication, it would take a major re-packaging effrot to get this to install on the N9.

I helped with the modifications to pyradio in order to get the N900's .deb file to install on the N9 and I can tell you that the base dependency package differences are pretty damn numerous and annoying. And I have to keep in mind that pyradio didn't even use any OpenGL ES libraries so preenv would be even more difficult then that...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
@cddiede

Thanks for the reply. And bummer, didn't know it would be that difficult. But who knows maybe someone might take it on as a project.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2012 @ india
Guys, any news on this.....

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
I'm gonna say yes, it's possible to port it to Nokia N9/950 but we don't know if anyone is interested in, but if we are really interested in see this happen, we should spread the petition and put it in the know of the devs, and the autor too, @javispedro

https://gitorious.org/preenv

I'm not a skilled developer, but thinking in make a price budget for a developer who help us and provide a fully preenv version for the N9, capable of running the same games the Fremantle version has, with multitouch game support and a simple GUI to create / launch .desktop files.

I'll start the idea offering 50€.
If anyone interested, i will update the post or maybe create a new one, so... keep it coming please

I would work on preenv, just not enough time in the day. There's a lot of Fremantle-isms in there, it would be a fun task to convert it all over to Qt/Qt Mobility. Also it would need some of the SOFTFP tagging as is done in apkpenv. And speaking of apkenv, aren't all these games and more available in android? Wouldn't the effort be better spent adding modules to apkenv?

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
I would work on preenv, just not enough time in the day. There's a lot of Fremantle-isms in there, it would be a fun task to convert it all over to Qt/Qt Mobility. Also it would need some of the SOFTFP tagging as is done in apkpenv. And speaking of apkenv, aren't all these games and more available in android? Wouldn't the effort be better spent adding modules to apkenv?
well, but lot of games in android are not native applications, and you have to create modules for every single game with missing dependencies, but with preenv, and since all the games in webOS are pure OGL SDL games, and do not use any core library, you got most of the games working at the time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2012 @ india
It looks like the thread is dead... Any updates on the preenv for nokia n9?