Notices

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by sheng0729 View Post
can i know what is "lazy slider" for?
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
When sliders aren't lazy, song/movie progress is adjusted immediately to the slider position. With the lazy option, playback position is changed after releasing the slider. The latter is smoother, but some people prefer immediate preview.
several pages back

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ perpetuity
Hi! I've been using Open Media Player for a while now, and it's a very solid replacement for the stock media player. Thanks to the developers (gidzzz, MAG) for making this a reality.

I registered here in the forums because I think I have found a bug in OMP. I just have recently re-ripped my music into FLAC and loaded it into my phone. Whenever I am in the Now Playing view, I am not able to switch to another song by choosing a song from the playlist. I have to return to the Playlist view (the one with the Shuffle Songs button on the top of the list) just to change to my preferred song. Before, this was not a problem when I was using MP4 AAC and WMA as the file format for my music.

If it helps for debugging (and repeating the bug), I have kernel-power42 and CSSU Stable installed in my system. I also have the latest version of OMP (20111223) installed. I have tried rebooting the system to solve it, but to no avail. I ripped my music using Exact Audio Copy in Windows 7 using it the included FLAC codec from this application.

Cheers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to known For This Useful Post:
Welcome known, and thanks for such nice start with verbose report

I've checked it using playlist with FLACs from EAC, and from "playing now", changing tracks via "forward" and "back" does work. Ho ever, changing any song by single or double clicking on song name (while watching son list, not lyrics, or slider with single sound, obviously) does not work. highlight just goes back to currently played track, without any effect. So, kinda confirming.

Kinda, cause it doesn't seem to be related to FLAC format - same happens with ogg and mp3 tracks. So, it seems that it's general bug, not only affecting FLAC.

/Estel

// Edit

I also got impression, that it was working in OMP before (regardless of format), so it may be bug introduced during fixing something else. gdizzz, we need Your help
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-12-27 at 01:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ perpetuity
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Welcome [b)known[/b], and thanks for such nice start with verbose report

I've checked it using playlist with FLACs from EAC, and from "playing now", changing tracks via "forward" and "back" does work. Ho ever, changing any song by single or double clicking on song name (while watching son list, not lyrics, or slider with single sound, obviously) does not work. highlight just goes back to currently played track, without any effect. So, kinda confirming.

Kinda, cause it doesn't seem to be related to FLAC format - same happens with ogg and mp3 tracks. So, it seems that it's general bug, not only affecting FLAC.

/Estel

// Edit

I also got impression, that it was working in OMP before (regardless of format), so it may be bug introduced during fixing something else. gdizzz, we need Your help
Thanks a lot Estel, for confirming this bug. That is what exactly happening to me. Concerning your last statement that this [event/operation] works before in previous OMP versions, I have no idea since I do not use the following music formats before. You can only presume, I guess.

Let's hope gidzzz can solve this in the next upcoming update. More power to OMP!

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
Why does it alway show ' there is no active internet connection '

While My gprs ( wcdma 3.5g ) has been established already.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Indeed, it's broken only in 20111223. An update addressing this issue will land in the repositories within a few minutes. It's also got updated translations and enlarged area for toggling song progress display mode.

Originally Posted by wow23 View Post
so, guys.

"Append opened songs"

what is it? (what this setting do ? )
When checked and you open a song (or songs, works with "Open whole folders" too) with an external file browser, OMP will append those songs to the playlist, instead of replacing it (like in stock MP and OMP before).

Originally Posted by pursueky View Post
Why does it alway show ' there is no active internet connection '

While My gprs ( wcdma 3.5g ) has been established already.
For some reason I can't connect through GPRS at the moment, so I'm unable to verify the problem.

Originally Posted by zifis View Post
1. I cannot change any of the settings! I ticked "enable lyrics" and saved. Going back to settings "enable lyrics" was unticked again. Same thing happened with all the settings parameters
Make sure you have write permissions for "/home/user/.config/MohammadAG/mediaplayer.conf". Or simply delete that file (or even the whole directory "home/user/.config/MohammadAG/", to be sure), it should be recreated with proper attributes.

Originally Posted by zifis View Post
2. I wanted to edit my playlist but the "edit playlist" option was not in the rollout anymore. There is only "add to now playing" "delete playlist and "save playlist"
It works a bit different than it used to. You can move items in the same way as in "Now playing" (press, release, press, hold and move, release). The rest is like before: cancel changes by closing the window or save from the menu.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2011-12-26 at 12:57. Reason: One more reply

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
It seems with MiniLyrics you'll get the auto-scrolling lyrics for most songs. If it was only for some songs, I wouldn't have requested this.

Here you can find MiniLyrics coding: http://www.google.com/#q=http:%2F%2F...ics.com%3A1212

I kind of miss this feature after using it on LCG Jukebox for Symbian S60 and TuneWiki widget (that no longer works) for N900. It's good to use when you can't make out what the vocals are about. You don't have to search for the current line after doing something else.

Gidzzz are you going to implement this feature? Anyone else? Who's with me?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megaexer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I've had an error fetching lyrics:

Code:
Class '_mysql_exceptions.Operational error'
A problem occuered in thepython script. Heres the sequence of ... in order they occured
(...) - some code
class '_mysql_exceptions.9perationalError:(1040, too may connections)'

Projects no longer actively developed: here

With latest Open Media Player, my collection wasn't updated. When i had Musics in my N900, I can't listen to it because musics doesn't appear in playlist.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
@gidzzz:
It would be great if you could use the XB-Maemo-Upgrade-Description in the control file so when upgrading one can see a small changelog in ham.

The field is explained here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Packaging#Maem...de_description

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse