Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Congrats on joining the Android army, lad! We can only help each other to make it that much better. Speaking of which--I've never seen that hacker's keyboard before... and I loooooove it. THANKS!
Installed Hacker's keyboard today... It's sweeeeet!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
Installed Hacker's keyboard today... It's sweeeeet!!!
It works. I just... works! I get an ESCAPE key that actually works in a terminal.. a control key that actually does CONTRL+letters, etc. Why the hell doesn't the bluetooth HID profile for keyboards do this??
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Guys i need a app which shows me my cpu and battery usage in a graph even if the app isn't active.something like batterygraph for maemo.
Any hints?
Regards

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
The android substitute for battery graph is... battery graph
http://market.android.com/details?id...odroid.battery

I don't have an advice for cpu. On the Tab, there is a Samsung widget which reports processess tooo cpu-hungry, and is enough for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Just thought I'd throw this out there for all the nethack fans. I enjoyed playing on my N900 every now and again. I didn't find nethack on android to be very easy to play. Just found this one on the market yesterday. Looks fairly new, and plays fairly easily. Customizable too.

I'll even throw in a different battery widget. It will give you a graph and an estimate of time remaining based on current activity (also time remain to full charge). Free version works pretty well, only $1.50 for the full version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Been using htc sensation for a week or so.

While playing an mp3 using either the stock htc sense audio player or doubletwist, a call comes through. I answer the call. The audio pauses. I hang up the call. The audio resumes but soulds mono and muffled like a very bad quality mp3 rip. This not just for the audio from the mediaplayers, it is all alerts/ notifications.

Anyone have any experience/ resolution with this issue?
Corrupt audio drivers? Faulty unit?

The Following User Says Thank You to Strive_Masiwa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Suddenly this thread is like a ghost town. I guess that's what happens when the chief ghost leaves town.

Here's what I've come to hate about Android.

Virtually no programming. I decided to look for script programming languages to mess around with while using my tablet.

No Ruby, even. None of the usual suspects.

Why is that? Maybe my particular tablet is out of the programming loop?

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Suddenly this thread is like a ghost town. I guess that's what happens when the chief ghost leaves town.

Here's what I've come to hate about Android.

Virtually no programming. I decided to look for script programming languages to mess around with while using my tablet.

No Ruby, even. None of the usual suspects.

Why is that? Maybe my particular tablet is out of the programming loop?
You mean like this? http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/

You'll note the environment supports Perl and Ruby, both, as well as others. I thought we'd already talked about this aaaaaaages ago.

Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
Been using htc sensation for a week or so.

While playing an mp3 using either the stock htc sense audio player or doubletwist, a call comes through. I answer the call. The audio pauses. I hang up the call. The audio resumes but soulds mono and muffled like a very bad quality mp3 rip. This not just for the audio from the mediaplayers, it is all alerts/ notifications.

Anyone have any experience/ resolution with this issue?
Corrupt audio drivers? Faulty unit?
I've never run into that before--but then I'm usually listening to podcasts, but you make it sound like it's not any one player. Is this happening just when you're using bluetooth A2DP then answer a call using bluetooth and go back again? Or is this with headphones? How are you using it? I'm curious to see if I can replicate it on my phone.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Oh yeah, I actually had that installed in my Android device for a while.

Not exactly like installing Ruby on my N900, though, which was just a matter of clicking on debs and installing them, then running programs. I'll look more carefully, thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I've never run into that before--but then I'm usually listening to podcasts, but you make it sound like it's not any one player. Is this happening just when you're using bluetooth A2DP then answer a call using bluetooth and go back again? Or is this with headphones? How are you using it? I'm curious to see if I can replicate it on my phone.
I am using regular wired headphones through the 3.5mm jack. Bluetooth is off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strive_Masiwa For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy