More than 200 already!

Please, share this Petition on you social networks and other forums!

Last edited by Fell-x27; 2012-02-25 at 10:58.

Today WP7 is primary, tomorrow Microsoft terminate partnership and Nokia will go to the pit. After tomorrow, Microsoft will buy Nokia and this will be its end. It's wrong way!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I agree with most of your post, but not witht his part. Only because users have high demands (in terms of technology) and/or prefer free (as in freedom) software doesn't mean they're cheapskates.

Quite on the contrary, both the N900 and the N9 are high-priced devices and hardly to be found in "plus a free N9"-contracts. So we are consumers who do pay for technology and gadgets; a lot. There may be some of us, as in every market segment, who think that €0,90 for an application is too much... but I'm certain there's not more of those people in the Maemo community than there are among iOS or Android users.
Yes, I was being flippant. But, my point was that that's how corporations see us. I'm sure the profit margins on these devices are not enough to make the investment worth it (else they would continue). The manufacturers want a constant revenue stream after the device is sold, which most of us are not willing to provide.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fell-x27 View Post
Today WP7 is primary, tomorrow Microsoft terminate partnership and Nokia will go to the pit. After tomorrow, Microsoft will buy Nokia and this will be its end. It's wrong way!
Why do you care so much about Nokia? Fvck 'em. They made their own bed. It's time for them to lie in it. Go and place your pre-order for a Spark, or buy an Android device if your that way inclined. My sympathies go only to those factory workers who (build quality aside) had no impact on the overall quality of Nokia's products, and certainly no input in decision-making. Many of them have lost their jobs as a result of Nokia's managerial incompetence.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Fell-x27 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Why do you care so much about Nokia? Fvck 'em. They made their own bed. It's time for them to lie in it. Go and place your pre-order for a Spark, or buy an Android device if your that way inclined. My sympathies go only to those factory workers who (build quality aside) had no impact on the overall quality of Nokia's products, and certainly no input in decision-making. Many of them have lost their jobs as a result of Nokia's managerial incompetence.
I like MeeGo OS. Not Nokia, but they a one piece.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
nokia is blind!!

We are on wiki! (not by me)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N...WP_competition
I think whoever posted that is really helping to undermine the credibility of Wikipedia. Posting speculation as fact doesn't help anyone.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
A number of users and enthusiasts demand from the Nokia the further MeeGo support and N9 successors development. They expres those expectations and encourage to support them in form of petitions, e-mails, articles, blogs and similar internet actions [26]. Their efforts are hoped to be the more efficient when the more mass and combined.
So determining, yeah

Just one more fact about Nokia N9. Unlike this? Just don't sign.

So determining, yeah

Just one more fact about Nokia N9. Unlike this? Just don't sign.
I was referring to the preceding paragraph, regarding sales of devices. However, since you mention it, the paragraph you quote also mentions 'e-mails, articles, blogs and similar internet actions', yet provides no sources. I guess if I write a blog post that says Lumia is great (not that I would), I can claim that there is widespread support for Lumia on the interwebz.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: