Notices

Originally Posted by xXxTJxXx View Post
So, what is the diagnosis?
I can't see anything wrong with that screenshot either (BTW, you don't have to run everything as root). My ideas have run out. If you still haven't double-checked if /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service was saved correctly, I guess that's the last chance (besides sitting with dbus-monitor).

Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
Will openmedia player incorporate the coverflow view for albums like in flowplayer by Cepri??
Not before everything else mostly works. Later -- maybe if I'm bored (but rather unlikely).

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
hope you can just fix the exessive amount of text in some labels then.
I made two lines out of one where you pointed out that the text is too wide and changed «Tocando agora» to «Em reprodução».

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
I looked at the link but the translation pt_br of OMP already has a maintainer. In any case, if i could help just let me know.
It has a maintainer, but you can still join the team. It doesn't look like that translation is moving forward, so if you want to see it in OMP soon, you should give it a try.

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Why does it rely so strongly on tracker?
Because Tracker is used by MAFW, MAFW is used by the stock player and the stock player is reimplemented by OMP.

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Uninstall, reinstall, downgrade, rebuilding DB on tracker with different configs and etc, nothing works anymore. I don't know why, but it is always the same thing every time OMP is updated. Then I have to wait for some time (usually 1 week) to see the things not "work" but at least it sees my music files and videos (but it plays only audio, the video part is somewhat a lucky hit here and there).
I don't know why updating OMP has an effect on how Tracker works. It doesn't do anything special on the first start and there are no installation scripts. It looks like your Tracker is broken, but for a reason to me unknown.

I've been playing with streaming and a sleep timer lately. The results are in the repository and the changelog below.
  • Added a sleep timer.
  • Media type detection for streams.
  • Buffering info for video streams.
  • Minor visual touch-ups in the radio window.
  • Mark video radio stations with "[VIDEO]".
  • Working progress slider in the radio window for streams which support seeking.
  • Fixed determining stream duration in the radio window.
  • Updated translations: German, Portuguese.

The sleep timer can pause playback, stop playback or close OMP (with respect to the closing action selected in the main settings) after the specified number of minutes. It also supports two variants of volume reduction.
  • Linear reduction decreases volume level in equal intervals.
  • Exponential reduction starts gently and speeds up as it approaches timer's timeout.
Volume level can be changed freely when the sleep timer is in effect -- reduction rate will be adjusted in a way that keeps the chosen characteristic and reaches 0 at the end (but in reality the sound already goes mute at ~4%).

Stream type detection should work no matter if you feed OMP a raw URL or a playlist, but it can jump only from video to audio, meaning that if you've got a mixed M3U, it might not work very well.

Marking video stations may sound intriguing, but all it does is it tells you that the marked station doesn't work in OMP. If you wonder how such station got there, it might be a video stream bookmarked in by stock player.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
gidzzz, could you please improve the disconnect headset to pause with the next update?

For me the resumed playback is not always a good idea. I disconnect phone from the hifi playback system (90% volume bar) and when I connect the headphones... bang!!

But it's a good way when you're in the city and the cars make noise. So my suggestions (all of them at one time):
1. disable/enable resume on reconnect at all
2. set time on which resume should be automatically on (e.g. Mo-Fr, 7:30-8:00)
3. enable resume after reconnect for some time ( e.g. for 30 mins from now )

thanks for you hard work on the omp!

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I can't see anything wrong with that screenshot either
My ideas have run out. If you still haven't double-checked if /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service was saved correctly, I guess that's the last chance (besides sitting with dbus-monitor).
i just solved the problem by placing OMP icon above media player widget

(BTW, you don't have to run everything as root)
I think root is just programed in my subconsious my fault

You are THE ONE, and the sleep timer update is AWESOME!!!
I salute you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xXxTJxXx For This Useful Post:
Ha ha, sometimes simple solutions are the best.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
1. disable/enable resume on reconnect at all
2. set time on which resume should be automatically on (e.g. Mo-Fr, 7:30-8:00)
3. enable resume after reconnect for some time ( e.g. for 30 mins from now )
Speaking of simple solutions, I think the second suggestion is an overkill, but you've got a good point and I like those two other options, so expect at least 1. to appear with the next release.

Edit: If that helps you, playback is resumed only if it's paused by disconnecting, so you can pause it manually and then reconnect to avoid the undesired resume.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2012-06-16 at 19:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
It has a maintainer, but you can still join the team. It doesn't look like that translation is moving forward, so if you want to see it in OMP soon, you should give it a try.
Actually, AFA i remember, the last update of the pt_br translation was uploaded just last week. So i think its on the way. Anyway, despite my bad english, i've finished the translation but couldn't update it at the transifex since i'm not a member. Im registered there as "saponga".
Thanks fot that update !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
I don't know how big was that upload, but if I remember correctly, I was surprised by not seeing the percentage go up after it. Anyway, it's been already about 2.5 months since it was created and there are some obvious errors in its current state (like translating "%n song" to "Um: %n song"), so it certainly could use your help (I have added you to the team).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I don't know how big was that upload, but if I remember correctly, I was surprised by not seeing the percentage go up after it. Anyway, it's been already about 2.5 months since it was created and there are some obvious errors in its current state (like translating "%n song" to "Um: %n song"), so it certainly could use your help (I have added you to the team).
I don't know how good the pl_pl translation is (using en_us anyway) but if it's not good, I may help

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
doesnt look like anyone else has experienced this or at least reported it. with the build from last night (16/06) when I shuffle all songs, they are being played as if they are internet radio stations. If i browse though and select the same track from the music button, then it plays as a music track.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
everything is good in OMP. needed thing is only equilizer. im not forcing anyone

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Nah, software equaliser is for d-bags who do not know how to listen to music.
Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
everything is good in OMP. needed thing is only equilizer. im not forcing anyone
This really isn't important, I completely argee with vi_

Artists/Producers adjust the EQ. Listeners ...um listen.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse