Originally Posted by milad ghusn View Post
HI , i want to know if the port of sailfishOS to n9 will still WIP or stoped.
any answer??
https://twitter.com/vgrade/status/428670051437137920

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vgrade For This Useful Post:
I must say I believe Jolla not supporting/providing a slick Sailfish experience on Nokia N9 is a poor strategic mistake.
If it would have been so, by this time their would be more buzz, video and news about Jolla all over the place.
I don't know how they plan to run their business, but probably not by selling hardware.

@vgrade: thanks !

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2012 @ kenya
personally,,,i think its al right for them not to support sailfish on the N9,,,because,,for starters,they are a small co. and don't have the resources to support 2 devices,,whereby one device is not even there own, secondly,,they have investors who want to see there own device up and running in a stable way...so that they can get funding to hire n complete there vision...thirdly,by not supporting sailfish on the N9,they encourage the community to be proactive,,,this leads to new ideas,,,where even them thy benefit.....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kibet85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Sailfish working on any platform. Jolla not supporting any specific one. Community should make fixies for nemomobile.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
They launched Jolla. They needed a flagship (the Jolla), but they would have get huge benefit by supporting specifically a port to the N9. From a marketing view point they would have increased their visibility.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
its device manufacturer company at first, not just os/software. company making hw adaptations for other companies have bad marketing. nobody will buy own devices. you asking for unthinkable

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by KTy View Post
I must say I believe Jolla not supporting/providing a slick Sailfish experience on Nokia N9 is a poor strategic mistake.
If it would have been so, by this time their would be more buzz, video and news about Jolla all over the place.
I don't know how they plan to run their business, but probably not by selling hardware.

@vgrade: thanks !
more buzz by port to N9? U have to be kidding? No one except geeks knows about N9 the same people now run Jolla phones. If they want more Buzz they they need big manufactor intrested that means show it on a old samsung device, htc or similar. and make a deal ith those big companys.

But anyway my Jolla is broken so no I REALLY want it to work on n9 but dont expect this from Jolla its upto us.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Really hoping the N9 port does not die. The Jolla is very neat but it does not support US carriers.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
status update?

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
status update?
Same here. Martin, what's new in your newest image?

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish