but please can you tell me how to get espeak? pretty please

Originally Posted by paulapappion View Post
but please can you tell me how to get espeak? pretty please
http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.ph...s&show_pck=162

Go there and download the mapper repository and search for espeak on the application manager, if that doesn't work, then delete all the catalogs and then download all the repositories and then search, I recommend you try the mapper repository first, because if you install all repositories then it will take a long time to load

Did anyone figure out how to connect to a local server to use wayfinder yet?

Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
Did anyone figure out how to connect to a local server to use wayfinder yet?
Connecting to the local server is easy, its mimicking the wayfinder one that is hard.

The idea is that your new *fake* server would tell wayfinder to activate a trial no matter what.

My guess is the best way to go about this would be to use a program like wireshark and capture the network traffic while it is activating. then find a way to mimic it (harder than it sounds).

I was once curious and did this, but I have since lost the capture file. Since it looks like the current activation servers are down it looks like we cannot capture the activation. However I could be wrong. (If the activation ever starts working again let me know and ill try to capture it)

This is of course only one way to do this, there are others such as hacking the binary itself, which I know nothing about.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ São Paulo-Brasil
I found on the folder /home/user/.navicore/settings.txt the folow informations about the server:

[\server]
default_access_point=
address=services.navicoretech.com
httpport=80
timeout=90
endedsubscriptions=
lastlocale=

can these informations help to create the fake server?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
This only applies if you have paid for it.

I have a fix!!! hope you guys can test it.

close map if you have it open.

go and find an old backup of settings when you have wayfinder activated (any one that you have when you know wayfinder was activated)

copy the setting.zip from the backup folder to your pc and extract it

i installed open ssh server on the n810 and used sftp but this is up to you how you do it.

open the extracted zip file and go to "Root\home\user\.navicore"

on the device (i used filezilla and sftp) browse to "/home/user/.navicore"

replace the settings.txt in to the .navicore folder with the one from the backup.

now copy all the files from the lbd folder from the backup to the device.

reopen maps and it should be activated.

if this works please tell me.
also feel free to write a better tutorial as i know this one is not great.

The Following User Says Thank You to MicroChip123 For This Useful Post:
MicroChip123, would you mind sending me (or posting) a copy of your navicore backup? If i can find the string that makes navicore work i will post a modified file that should work for everyone.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Not going to work. The activation is time limited and it checks the time with the gps, the communication with the server is encrypted, good luck deciphering it.
The only way to make it work is to fake the mac of an already licensed navicore and copying the files in /home/user/.navicore/ldb of said licensed navicore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
The problem is that the server services.navicoretech.com is offline which means that maps cant be downloaded and license keys cant be activated.

it could be that the server just needs a reboot as its pinging fine.

also does anyone has the France and Spain maps from this page (2008 version)

Originally Posted by MicroChip123 View Post
replace the settings.txt in to the .navicore folder with the one from the backup.
what are the contents of settings.txt? i wonder if the same file can work for multiple installations.

and if it does in fact work like you describe maybe there is a way to get it to work, we just need to find a file from the original installation of Navicore Navigation Kit 2007 that came with unlimited license before the Wayfinder 3 year limit.

Tags
customers?, middlefinger