Posts: 31 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Helsinki
After the daylight saving time adjustment last weekend, my calendar events now show up one hour late. I have dozens of pre-scheduled events during the spring and summer, and now I have to fix them all.

It seems I am supposed to remember when the DST adjustment takes place and calculate the offset in my head when adding new calendar events.

Any workarounds? Scripts to fix the events?

I have noticed the problem too, kind of expected this was going to happen after people have been complaining that switching timezones (traveling etc) causes them to have messed up callender events at their destination; and now that daylight savings came its essentially just bumped the phones timezone by one.
It is really annoying but cause the callender is pretty closed source I guess were stuck with it until either god or nokia decides to do something about it.

Im not sure if this is a result of the daylight saving but i have a birth date set on the 28th of March. This date fell on the Sunday this year (weekend just passed) but the calendar keeps putting the birthday on the Saturday the 27th.

All other birthdays are correct just this one date seems to be giving it issues

Yes, that "feature" sucked big time also in N95-8GB.
When travelling across timezones, starting times of calendar events were changed. I wonder what was the team of engineers drinking when they designed that "feature".

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Feel free to vote for https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9557 (but please no "I have this problem too" comments, thanks!).

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Originally Posted by kortsi View Post
After the daylight saving time adjustment last weekend, my calendar events now show up one hour late. I have dozens of pre-scheduled events during the spring and summer, and now I have to fix them all.

It seems I am supposed to remember when the DST adjustment takes place and calculate the offset in my head when adding new calendar events.

Any workarounds? Scripts to fix the events?
How did you change to DST?? I didn't do anything (phone adjusted to DST automaticly) and all my calendar events that I set before the change is the correct time.

/oxpo

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I don't understand. I have an event on the 15th, 13:30, scheduled. I also have it in countdown widget, which is separate.

Time jumped and they both show 13:30, alarm one hour before. What am I doing right?

ETA: Beaten!

ETA2: Apparently it does it in USA only? Maybe it's a local firmware bug?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
i frequently travel between timezones and i don't experience any troubles. when i schedule my agenda (meetings, events, flights, trains, etc.) in outlook, i usually use the timezone option in it, so that when it syncs with the phone (previously with N95 and now with N900) it keeps track when i switch to the new location, and moves the calendar times accordingly. With DST it switched by itself and everything switched automatically to match, so i haven't noticed any trouble...

HOWEVER... i do have issues with birthday dates sometimes... sometimes they do move around the date one day forward or backwards when i change timezones... it's only when i re-sync with either hermes (facebook) or outlook that they come back to normal...

Last edited by juanenrique; 2010-03-30 at 11:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to juanenrique For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juanenrique View Post
HOWEVER... i do have issues with birthday dates sometimes... sometimes they do move around the date one day forward or backwards when i change timezones... it's only when i re-sync with either hermes (facebook) or outlook that they come back to normal...
Does anyone else have this issue. i have not synced my phone with anything. it is the only calender i use. im not the most organised person in the world.

Or does anyone else no a way to jog it back to the correct date.

I have noticed that my emails update an hour later now, i.e. instead of updating(set to every 2 hours) at, say 2pm, it now updates at 3pm.

Obviously related to the DST update last weekend.