I have tried to flash only parts of fiasco image (for testing). And I am not sure if it is going the right way. On the picture which I attached to this post you can see a messages for example:
"sending kernel image<1705 kB> ...
100% <1705 of 0 kB, avg. 1705 kB/s"

I wonder if value 0 KB in the text above is normal or not. In other words - was flashing really done?
Attached Images

If you've got the prompt back without any error you don't have motive to believe that something went wrong.

Ok, but I have been seeing many screens from flashing n900 and sometimes it is 0 kB, sometimes not. Can anybody explain it ?

Maybe somebody know how to check if flashing is really done. And other question - how to temporarily power up my N900 using fiasco image.

I would like to check if my NOLO is OK. Could anybody tell me how to obtain (in Windows XP) syslog described in this link: http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Joerg_rw/...og_of_USB_enum ? And how to find on which stage problems with booting are starting.

Last edited by NotMicro; 2016-01-21 at 13:39.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Man up, use linux, (If you do not want to install it, use a Live-CD) and compare the output to Joerg's from the wiki.
Since the N900's Maemo OS id Debian Linux based, you should make yourself familiar with such a system. May be you even make one step further and drop that MS stuff for good...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
N900 flasher have some problems with Windows XP SP2 or later. try it again with SP3 or windows 7 if you dont want to try Linux.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
N900 flasher have some problems with Windows XP SP2 or later. try it again with SP3 or windows 7 if you dont want to try Linux.
I have SP3 installed already. Besides, I am able to load rescueOS by NIN101 using Windows XP, so this way of flashing probably works. I only wonder on which stage of booting (NOLO or later) my N900 stops.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Man up, use linux, (If you do not want to install it, use a Live-CD) and compare the output to Joerg's from the wiki.
How to do it? I know how to use Live-CD, but how to get output similiar to Joerg's.

Last edited by NotMicro; 2016-01-22 at 16:12.

Originally Posted by NotMicro View Post
how to get output similiar to Joerg's.
Attach N900 to the computer and then start some terminal and use command
Code:
dmesg
It shows kernel logs (starting from boot). Last rows are the latest. Scrolling up will show older entries.

If you specially want timestamps and hostname, check content of file /var/log/kern.log
e.g
Code:
cat /var/log/kern.log

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post: