Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Hi,

I've tried to install some apps and most of them didn't work. Here is the full list :
- Stopwatch - works
- Timer - doesn't work
- Timer+ - doesn't work
- Steps - doesn't work
- Misfit - doesn't work
- Cards - works but can't load data
- Love Weather (watchface) - doesn't work
I can't find why the timers don't work, they are simple apps :s.
And this lead me to this question : is it currently possible to remove an app on the PT with only a Jolla phone ?

I also noticed than after extracting apps to the right folders, they are available on the PT only after restarting rockpoold.
This is interesting, as Real Weather and Weather Land from the same developer work fine for me. I also modified some watchface's JavaScript to change their defaults and avoid having to configure them

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
As for logs - try starting rockpool directly instead through the daemon - it does print all the logs you need.

P.S. And more

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
Thanks, I don't really have a clue how pkg-config works. I'll mention it in the README. Is this a bug in the sailfish packaging that needs reporting? I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect end users anyway.
pkg-config is the way devel libs are telling to the devel environment how to use them - which -I, -l & -L and other compiler and linker options to use, etc. Without that - options should be provided explicitly.
Looking at https://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/opensu...1.armv7hl.html I'd say Jolla/Sailfish has a little to do with it, it's rather up-up-up-stream problem. Could be fixed by re-packaging with all the necessary data but it's not core package so why care (from the vendor perspective).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
I bit the bullet, moved from pebbled to rockpool. I'm using a Pebble Steel, which was still on firmware v2.9. Updating using rockpool seemed to go smoothly, but at some point the watch booted to recovery mode (v3.8-prf9), and rockpool couldn't make a connection anymore. (Didn't record the log, sorry)

It took me a few hours to realize the normal Android Pebble app won't work, you'd need the Pebble [b]Time[/]b app, to update to v3.10.1. Thanks Pebble . (Also, I don't have an Android device, which makes it even harder)

My PS now sports v3.10.1, but unfortunately Rockpool v0.4 won't connect, even though the Pebble is paired to Jolla. Log:

Code:
Mar 17 22:53:14 Jolla [9201]: [D] Pebble::connect:139 - Connecting to Pebble: "Pebble 0A47" "00:17:E9:AD:0A:47" 
Mar 17 22:53:14 Jolla [9201]: [D] WatchConnection::socketError:154 - SocketError QBluetoothSocket::UnknownSocketError 
Mar 17 22:53:14 Jolla [9201]: [D] WatchConnection::pebbleDisconnected:143 - Disconnected 
Mar 17 22:53:14 Jolla [9201]: [D] Pebble::onPebbleDisconnected:493 - Pebble disconnected: "Pebble 0A47"
Any clues?

[edit] Uggh, I have a clue: pebbled was mysteriously running again, and happy to (try) to connect. Also, Jolla forgot about the pairing.

Code:
[nemo@Jolla ~]$ /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qdbus org.rockwork /org/rockwork/00_17_E9_AD_0A_47 org.rockwork.Pebble.IsConnected
true

Last edited by Fuzzillogic; 2016-03-17 at 22:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
I bit the bullet, moved from pebbled to rockpool. I'm using a Pebble Steel, which was still on firmware v2.9. Updating using rockpool seemed to go smoothly, but at some point the watch booted to recovery mode (v3.8-prf9), and rockpool couldn't make a connection anymore. (Didn't record the log, sorry)

It took me a few hours to realize the normal Android Pebble app won't work, you'd need the Pebble [b]Time[/]b app, to update to v3.10.1. Thanks Pebble . (Also, I don't have an Android device, which makes it even harder)

My PS now sports v3.10.1, but unfortunately Rockpool v0.4 won't connect, even though the Pebble is paired to Jolla. Log:

Code:
Mar 17 22:53:14 Jolla [9201]: [D] Pebble::connect:139 - Connecting to Pebble: "Pebble 0A47" "00:17:E9:AD:0A:47" 
Mar 17 22:53:14 Jolla [9201]: [D] WatchConnection::socketError:154 - SocketError QBluetoothSocket::UnknownSocketError 
Mar 17 22:53:14 Jolla [9201]: [D] WatchConnection::pebbleDisconnected:143 - Disconnected 
Mar 17 22:53:14 Jolla [9201]: [D] Pebble::onPebbleDisconnected:493 - Pebble disconnected: "Pebble 0A47"
Any clues?

[edit] Uggh, I have a clue: pebbled was mysteriously running again, and happy to (try) to connect. Also, Jolla forgot about the pairing.

Code:
[nemo@Jolla ~]$ /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qdbus org.rockwork /org/rockwork/00_17_E9_AD_0A_47 org.rockwork.Pebble.IsConnected
true
Glad your pebble is ok. I know the migration to 3.x is a two step process involving flashing the recovery firmware first. Hopefully it was pebbled blocking your reconnection the first time - I migrated mine with a tweaked pebbled, but the upgrading in RockPool is unchanged from RockWork so I would think it should be fine. If any other sailfish spartan wants to throw their pebble at it ...

I've had problems with pebbled starting again too, and had to remove it. If anyone else has connection problems like this, always check whether the watch thinks it's connected or not to rule out pebbled or another instance of rockpoold running.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Could you remove those broken apps and try the 'SideloadApp' method in DBus which will use the same code as RockWork uses for installation. Download the pbw and do:

qdbus org.rockwork /org/rockwork/B0_B4_48_80_B9_87 org.rockwork.Pebble.SideloadApp /full/path/to/file.pbw

And see if the daemon does anything extra that might make it work.
Same problem with this method.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Same problem with this method.
Fishing a bit here, but did you say you were on v3.4 firmware? The latest is v3.10.1, so it's possible those newer apps might be incompatible?

Edit: you know what, I think that the appstore would probably filter out those apps that your model/firmware doesn't support before you get to this point. There might be alternative versions of apps for different cases.

And also, here's something we haven't seen on Sailfish before. Music track progress! Working but messy, will clean up and release.

Last edited by abranson; 2016-03-18 at 11:42.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
And also, here's something we haven't seen on Sailfish before. Music track progress! Working but messy, will clean up and release.

http://i.imgur.com/tk3cEgK.jpg
Awesome!
Another request for the music player: can you add the "next track title" showing at the bottom instead of the casette? It can be shown in a small font
(I remember that this was possible with SkippingStones)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Fishing a bit here, but did you say you were on v3.4 firmware? The latest is v3.10.1, so it's possible those newer apps might be incompatible?
With qdbus and Rockpool, org.rockwork.Pebble.PerformFirwmwareUpgrade does nothing, org.rockwork.Pebble.FirmwareUpgradeAvailable tell me I'm using the latest firmware available :s. However org.rockwork.Pebble.SoftwareVersion show me that I'm using th 3.4 version.
How can I do an upgrade with Rockpool ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Awesome!
Another request for the music player: can you add the "next track title" showing at the bottom instead of the casette? It can be shown in a small font
(I remember that this was possible with SkippingStones)
I'm not sure that's possible without a new Music app - I've implemented most of the protocol described in libpebble2:

https://github.com/pebble/libpebble2...tocol/music.py

Maybe it was a thing in an earlier firmware? The only music protocol bits missing now involve telling the watch when the volume or player change, and I don't think that actually does anything on the watch so I didn't bother yet. I'm not sure if the MPRIS interface supports fetching the next track name either.

With qdbus and Rockpool, org.rockwork.Pebble.PerformFirwmwareUpgrade does nothing, org.rockwork.Pebble.FirmwareUpgradeAvailable tell me I'm using the latest firmware available :s. However org.rockwork.Pebble.SoftwareVersion show me that I'm using th 3.4 version.
How can I do an upgrade with Rockpool ?
That's the correct method, but not having a newer model Pebble I can't say for sure what your latest version should be. I think at this point it might be best to wait for the appstore UI and see if that makes a difference to the apps you're offered. ruff is steaming away at it on github!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch