Notices

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
With Web2SMS you can send SMS messages with your favourite provider via web interfaces.
It's already a time in the extras-devel repositories but it was feature incomplete, so there was no need to announce.
Now I think it's on a level where users could test the application.

Features:
  • Written in C++ using Qt. Compiles on all platforms (I used Visual C++ 2008)
  • Contains a buggy "wrap" of some WebTexter providers
  • Loads C++ and Python plugins
  • Puts messages to conversations
  • Supports GSM codec character counting and forbids the entry of unsupported characters
  • Shows the account balances on most providers
  • Localized ui (English and German for now)

Providers:
  • o2 Germany
  • sms77.de
  • Sloono.de
  • Innosend.de (known from AppSender on the iPhone)
  • biteSMS (well known on iPhone and Android (chompSMS))
  • SMSdiscount.com, Lowratevoip.com, VoipCheap.com, Poivy.com, 12voip.com, ActionVoip.com, BudgetSip.com, CallEasy.com, DialNow.com, FreeCall.com, InternetCalls.com, InterVoip.com, Jumblo.com, JustVoip.com, NetAppel.fr, nonoh.net, rynga.com, sipdiscount.com, smartvoip.com, smslisto.com, sparvoip.com, voipbuster.com, voipbusterpro.com voipcheap.co.uk, voipian.com, voipraider.com, voipstunt.com, voipwise.com, voipzoom.com, webcalldirect.com and other Betamax providers
  • Experimental (maybe not usable) providers through WebTexter: Vodafone Ireland, o2 Ireland, 3 Ireland, Meteor Ireland, Blueface Ireland, WebSMS.ru, Exetel Australia

Screenshots: here

PS: If any developer is still interested in merging code, this thread still exists.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the program,

I tried to install it but i got conflicted error with this packages ..
python2.5-qt4-gui(4.7-maemo7)
python2.5-qt4-phonon(4.7-maemo7)

edit: sorry for that.. I made upgrade for this packages and now its installable..

Last edited by Adib; 2010-06-11 at 16:41.

Originally Posted by Adib View Post
I tried to install it but i got conflicted error with this packages ..
python2.5-qt4-gui(4.7-maemo7)
python2.5-qt4-phonon(4.7-maemo7)
The package viewer says these are Diablo packages. The program is only compiled for Fremantle.

interesting and helpful . .it workd with voipcheap.com??

Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
interesting and helpful . .it workd with voipcheap.com??
It should. If it doesn't work with it, that would be a bug.

I would like to be able to send a SMS to numbers instead of saved contacts. Currently I can not add / type numbers in the recipient field, only add contacts from the address book.
Can you add that feature please?
Thanks in advance!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
Great app. Will be possible in the future add our own provider? I would love to see this two http://sms.orange.pl/ and http://www1.plus.pl/

Originally Posted by kamil365 View Post
Great app. Will be possible in the future add our own provider? I would love to see this two http://sms.orange.pl/ and http://www1.plus.pl/
There are already some plugins which can be used as reference if you want to implement these providers on your own. Actually I can't read Polish, so it's hard for me to implement them.

(I also have no time this week)

The Following User Says Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by gri View Post
There are already some plugins which can be used as reference if you want to implement these providers on your own. Actually I can't read Polish, so it's hard for me to implement them.

(I also have no time this week)
Maybe its very noob question but where I can find these plugins? Maybe you can tell me what information you need from providers website and i can give it to you. Or it's not that simple?

I really want to do this on my own but i don't even have a clue where I should start..

Last edited by kamil365; 2010-06-28 at 15:02.

Your application has problems with umlauts like üäöß. Could you please fix that?
Thanks in advance.