Notices

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ LEBANON
is any one even trying to fix the profile pic issue ???????

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
So it seems WhatsApp is dead on N9.

Since when neither Wazapp nor WhatsUp are under current development all that WhatsApp Inc. has to do is to make some slight protocol modifications and all the N9 users are banned forever.

Too bad that this has happend (or will happen sooner or later)...

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hey dude

Just wondering what are you facing all ... strange issue
I don't have problem with whatsup not wazzapp or whatapp

wazzapp has alot of bugs and not recommended to use unlike whatsup it 's 10x better

well don't know what are you facing

uninstall and then reinstall

even if it is a dead project... I think we have to move on to what ever OS available such as Android , WP, IOS or Jolla

Good luck every one

The Following User Says Thank You to salahkhani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
So it seems WhatsApp is dead on N9.

Since when neither Wazapp nor WhatsUp are under current development all that WhatsApp Inc. has to do is to make some slight protocol modifications and all the N9 users are banned forever.

Too bad that this has happend (or will happen sooner or later)...
Yes in support of above post, we are not facing any problem except profile picture changing in whatsup, if you are facing any problem regarding registration , follow this post.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...ostcount=10942

The Following User Says Thank You to pistachio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pistachio View Post
Yes in support of above post, we are not facing any problem except profile picture changing in whatsup, if you are facing any problem regarding registration , follow this post.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...ostcount=10942
I gave up my N9 and gave it to my sister (I'm using a Lumia 820 now).

Besides the profile picture issue everything is working right now, but I think in the long run WhatsApp will make other breaking changes. As soon as they change the way messages are sent/received the N9 is dead regarding WhatsApp. And that's really said. I really liked my N9 - if it had a bit more power and more support I'd be still using it...

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Good luck buddy with your WP 820

Just to remind you fellows that everything is working fine and changing profile picture is not that big deal
Any way am still in love with my N9 and sad for my N900 which is dead

Nokia had the best invention till now beside Symbian and they have just screw it for the sake of unkonwn-path OS so called WP

Good luck everyone

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Use whatsup. I do use Yappari and Whatsup I think they're better then WhatsApp anyway. On Yappari it is possible to change a profile picture and multi-task through conversations at the same tome. Okidoki.
I don't need random profile picture's on whatsapp I want to see a cellphone manufacture releasing a open source Nokia N900 like device.

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
me too as well cause till now it is the open source product till now and hope to re-create it again

getting "old_version" error, any workarround? also, tried to re-register using persecute and whatsup and no luck either. i mean, already had a new code but when i try to enter it to complete the registration under any of the 3 apps i get the old_version error. it would suck that this is the end of whatsapp in the n9

Last edited by korno; 2014-07-30 at 02:46.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Generate token with https://coderus.openrepos.net/whitesoft/whatsapp_sms also doesn't work?

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp