Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Just a random heads up...my Jolla developed a classic "yellow burn" on its screen recently, and when I got around to contacting Jolla for a replacement I got a rather cryptic:

A situation has developed which may lead to a delay in repair service for the issue you are experiencing with your device. We are working to solve the situation as quickly as possible.

We will close this ticket for now and get back to you once we have more information.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your patience!
...anyone got any ideas as to what's going on? If it was going to be quick I suspect they'd have left the ticket open. I'm a bit put out at getting it closed, tbh. I use Zendesk at work so I know the flows and how it works...and I suspect this will vanish from most agent visibility now it's closed

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
I heard there is a lack of displays for replacement.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Yeah but, "we will close the ticket"? That is arrogance even worse than pretending the OOM issues do no exist by leaving the cover on the screen. A decent reply would have been, "sorry, we are out of spare parts, here is a new phone instead". Or at least some kind of compensation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
"We will close this ticket for now and get back to you once we have more information." of course this is not done as you may be 2 months from out of warranty.

On the other hand' for out of Warranty repairs I found Jolla Care to be responsive, reasonable and prepared to fix stuff instead of advising to buy new one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
ste-phan did you ship from Hanoi to Finland and back? For OOW repairs might almost be cheaper to buy a used one. My first one is still working fine but just curious for my future reference if it does fail.

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
They can't service in warranty items? That is bad! Even with the usual disclaimer of Jolla being a

small_business_trying_to_make_it_in_our_evil_world,

kind of way.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Some of my personal experience regarding Jolla at Zedesk, not related with OP but can be a Jolla care reference.

Bought a Jolla phone on official website, after 2or3 working days (did not count weekends) the status did not change to "in picking", still shown as "paid".

I would be travelling abroad 1 week later from that time, realised that I might not able to get it before leaving. Because it hasn't been shipped AFAIK I can ask to cancel and refund, so I submitted request, and ordered from Amazon instead.

Got a quick response saying we will issue you a refund blabla, case closed. I guess that would be done immediately.

Waited for 3 working days, nothing happened. Order status changed to "on hold" since last reply from Jolla. No additional info was provided.

Replied to Jolla care asking if it is on the right path, or how many days I should wait. NO REPLY.

3 working days later still no reply no refund. I asked the same question from Zendesk again, just asking how many days they need to proceed refund. I got an *immediate* close and merge of question WITHOUT any reply!

I then send another reply saying you must've received, why don't you just quickly reply indicating the date or procedure that may take?

The next day I got an reply finally, saying we will proceed refund *TOMORROW* and afterwards your order status will be changed from "On hold" to "cancelled". Yay!

Almost 3 days has passed I have not heard anything. There is NO refund issued. I don't call them liars but at least they failed to achieve what they've promised.

It's been almost 3 weeks and I'm still just waiting for a refund, which seriously can be done in less than 5 minutes.

Good luck with your repair.

P.S: I hope they are not facing technical issues similar to tablet causing repair or refund services. But seriously delays on refund?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
If they can't repair an in warranty item, you should either ask for new device or refund. Here is the english version of the warranty information page of Finnish competion and consumer rights agency.

http://www.kkv.fi/en/facts-and-advic...ling/warranty/

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
@chenliangchen Maybe contacting @cybette on Twitter/TJC might get some results.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
What really annoys me about it is that I bought my Jolla back in Feburary and discovered pretty much immediately it had a hardware fault - the internal MMC was faulty, so when swapping started happening it died.

I explicitly told Jolla that I wanted a replacement new phone as I paid for a fully-functional new one (hadn't even got the screen protector off yet!) and yet I'm fairly certain they sent me a refurb that was over a year older than my original unit (November 2013 vs. December 2014), which is why I think it's susceptible to this yellow-burn problem I noticed seemed to start occurring to people soon after launch, based upon what I found online. My replacement phone has rare overheating and lock up issues briefly from normal usage, which is what I think caused the screen to become damaged from heat.

...I'm just glad Fedex refused to ship the battery, so I got to keep my original, much newer one. :/

Out of courtesy I'm giving them a week and then asking for a full replacement. They can keep this unit and replace the screen on their own time - it's my warranty ticking down here.

...also really annoys me they don't swap units, so I have to be without a phone for over a week. Just not good enough, IMHO.

My full (and other people's) experience here.

Last edited by mr_jrt; 2015-09-24 at 23:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, screen, warranty